Thread: Somerset Ltd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Somerset Ltd

You guys need to check this company out. I think they are made here and boy are they nice. Expensive but nice. I saw some mentioned in an article on the Indian Army.

http://somersetltd.com/homepage.html
    Men of Harlech stop your dreaming. Can't you see their spear points gleaming?

Thumbs up Re: Somerset Ltd

They look excellent! I especially like the Lawrence of Arabia sets. When you compare them with Britains' Lawrence, you'll find out how better they are. They are quite expensive, but I have sometimes seen them pop up on e-bay ( seller bigrig15, for instance ). And the Old Toy Soldier Home seems to have a good deal on some Lawrence pieces ( check «specials», set LAS-1 under «MISCELLANIOUS» ), when you take into account their price per figure...

Default Re: Somerset Ltd

Man! Those are spectacular and you were not kidding about the price!

I especially like the fact that the uniforms are sculpted and painted with fine detail, but the faces are less so, more like the traditional gloss that I like without all the yelling and pained detail of the more modern sculpts from K&C and the new W.Britains.

I also really like the Japanese Samurai sets. So beautiful.

You'd better not have started me on a new soldierly quest, KV...

Somerset has been talked about here before, in glowing terms. They make some of the best figures out there. KV, did you not see Ron Leh's room in Chicago? Spectacular.

See here for some pictures taken by Carlos at this year's show.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzeum View Post
    Somerset has been talked about here before, in glowing terms. They make some of the best figures out there. KV, did you not see Ron Leh's room in Chicago? Spectacular.

See here for some pictures taken by Carlos at this year's show.

Come to think of it I did. Not sure if I got in.

Ron Leh is a great guy, and his Sommerset figures are second to none when it comes to glossy figures. For those who are K&C collectors, the early K&C Camel Corps figures were licensed from Sommerset castings, and Ron sculpted the early wounded/dead Highlander figures (apparently Andy took him to task for using the wrong canteen). I couyldn't recommend them more highly.

I will be changing the collecting side and moving to more high end manufacturers. I will become more discriminating so buying less but better.

Somewhere at the Northwest frontier, braves Sepoys from the British Indian Army courageously fight against cruel and mercyless Afghan tribes...
    Attached Images Attached Images