Thread: Ed Miller, the original owner of Gettysburg Toy Soldiers, has passed.................

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ed Miller, the original owner of Gettysburg Toy Soldiers, has passed.................

Got the news a short time ago, pretty shocking news. Ed passed away today, he suffered a bad fall and his injuries resulted in his passing.

Ed and his lovely wife Laverne were the original owners of Gettysburg Toy Soldiers. I remember the first time I met them at their store on one of my trips to Gettysburg, they were a great couple, he and I later became very good friends. They were a fixture at the Chicago Toy Soldier Show, selling their beautiful sets of painted Shenandoah castings, Laverne hand painted the flags, they'd always sell out of the sets at the show.

Ed was also an avid wargamer, I always enjoyed seeing them at Cold Wars, Historicon and Fall In. Ed loved collecting toy soldiers too, he especially liked the K & C Market Garden series, he had every set ever made.

His son Rusty called me a short time ago with the news; I plan on going to Historicon and meeting up with Rusty and having a drink or two in Ed's memory.

R.I.P. my friend, the wargaming shows won't be the same without you........................
    It's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years.
    Likes: (6) braddinpa (07-08-2016),Fraxinus (07-07-2016),Jack (07-06-2016),larso (07-05-2016),maddadicus (07-08-2016),villagehorse (07-06-2016)