Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
How many Toy Soldier Collectors are their in the World today; 1000, 10,000, 100,000? Small production runs of figures of 100 pieces sell out fast, larger production runs linger for a long time in the market. K&C and TCS seem to have the largest production runs of a single item; numbering from 300 to 600 pieces typically, yet they do not sell out very quickly. My best guess is Toy Soldier Collectors number between 5000 to 10,000. What is your estimate as to the number of Toy Soldier Collectors worlds wide?
This is a very good question to which there is no definitive answer. You may be better served in saying how many collectors in Europe and how many collectors in the US. As there are many manufaturers in other areas such as Argentina, Far East, Australia and Russia to name but a few there must of course be significant number of collectors in these areas.

Perhaps if you examine how many collectors attend the major shows and then double it for those who do not attend shows due to logisticts and mobility then this may give you a guideline for the countries/regions/continents those shows are held in.

For the UK I would suggest that there may be no more than a few thousand collectors at most. And when I say collectors I include the very keen person with the budget for the hobby to the collectors who may only buy ten to twenty figures a year. You can always make your question even more difficult if you try to split numbers to those who collect more affordable plastic against those who collect metal only and even more complicated how many only buy second hand collectors pieces to those like myself who will only collect NEW figures.