Thread: The 'character-driven' toy soldier! What is your favorite unusual figure?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The 'character-driven' toy soldier! What is your favorite unusual figure?

Hi all,
    While I enjoy lines of figures in 'standard' poses (kneeling firing, marching, etc.), and figures in the ferocity of battle, I also
    love toy soldiers that have unique gestures or poses that suggest individual character.
    Here are three soldiers I recently acquired that exhibit this quality. All three are by Fusilier/Tommy Atkins (their Hussar line).

*On the left we have a medieval figure with arms folded looking pensive - perhaps he is thinking about the violence in his line of work? Or maybe his armor is just itchy!
    *The fellow in the middle is a German Uhlan officer. No inward contemplation in his stance. I think he just got off the parade ground, he has a healthy ego, and he is now ready for beer, wine, and I strongly suspect his evening will involve a lady.
    *The figure to the right is a German Dragoons officer. He is aloof, even haughty, and withdrawn - but this may be simply shyness. I like the way his cape is flapping in the wind, too.

What's your favorite figure in a unique pose?
    -Squiggle
    Name:  Three figures.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  546.2 KB
    Likes: (5) 4th Hussar (05-14-2019),Hussar4Hussies (08-19-2019),joesgis (05-06-2019),Louis Badolato (05-06-2019),wadepat (05-07-2019)