Thread: UPCOMING RELEASES AND PRE-ORDERS. HOW for UK RESIDENTS?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: UPCOMING RELEASES AND PRE-ORDERS. HOW for UK RESIDENTS?

Sometimes new developments do not impress as progress/a better customer experience. Although a buyer of Britain's I never joined the Collectors Club and having seen the costs under the new system there is no chance of me joining now. Hope the people at the UK site still have jobs, or quickly get new ones.

Douglas[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    I have been in the "Collectors club" for several years and by and large have enjoyed the experience. However, I have not renewed this year due to the complete downgrading of the UK as a player and also ironically the original home of Britains. Although previously in the collectors club, I NEVER ordered any standard figures directly from them. As already mentioned in this thread I purchased most WB figures from Magpies of Evesham, just ask for Neil Parker who is their soldier guy (they also do antiques, jewellery, etc.) you get good service and most orders qualify for free P &P in the UK. On two previous "live" visits I got a warm welcome and also good recommendations for places to visit and where to go for lunch. I usually visit London once a year and try to catch the London show where most WB can be purchased I find it easy to pick up previous pieces I missed first time round. I would also recommend a visit to the Guards toy soldier shop at the edge of Wellington barracks on Birdcage walk who stock most WB products. Although most of this won't be news to Treefrogers, its always worth another mention.

Cheers,
    Johnboy.