Thread: Per Finsted RIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Per Finsted RIP

Although Danish collector Per Finsted was not a forum member, I hope you will permit me to memorialize him here anyway. Our toy soldier fraternity is not all that large, so it diminishes us all, when we lose a member. Per was a passionate collector who attended the London shows before his health deteriorated. He collected toys soldiers from various manufacturers including Hiriart. His collecting focus vis-a-vis Hiriart was on colonial Africa and the Spanish Civil War. Over the years, he had acquired 46 Hiriart sets through me including 10 different Italian Eritrean Askari battalions which he special ordered. He also acquired Hiriart sets from Drew Phillips at the London show.

I had the opportunity to meet Per in Denmark in 2014 when Jean and I took a tour of Scandinavia. He picked us up at the Copenhagen Marriott and drove us to Danish collector Niels Blangsted's charming cottage in the countryside where Niels' wife, Annette, treated us to a delightful Scandinavian supper. We then viewed Niels' collection and talked for several hours about toy soldiers, our military service, etc.

I have attached two photos from this visit: 1) Per, Annette, and Niels; and 2) Annette, Per, Jean, and Niels.

I choose to remember him like this in a happier time. Rest In Peace Per.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ucla1967; 02-10-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    Mike Tarantino
    Hiriart Collector & Importer
    Likes: (3) desk11desk12 (02-10-2019),marco55 (02-11-2019),mikemiller1955 (02-11-2019)