My upcoming Aztec battle. (1 Viewer)

sapper

Sergeant First Class
Looking forward to the spaniards arriving to complete my small diorama. Still to finish the scene with a jungle water backdrop, more water behind the causeway and a boat on the water in the foreground. The priest will be in the back of the boat with more spanish figures. The causeway will also contain more conquistadors.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like a great start! So much more to come with this series so I look forward to many new dioramas.
Fighting in the streets of Tenochtitlan will no doubt be possible as well.

Pretty cool, Sapper. Reminds me of Xochimilco in Mexico City.

-Moe

Thanks all for the response to my unfinished diorama and I hope it will work out well. Two more photos. Regards Greg.
attachment.php

attachment.php

John's supberb upcoming Conquistadors will enhance this scene even further Greg. This fun project will be full of colour, but it will cost a pretty penny. Robin.

Some more work done on the diorama. With more releases, the causeway, the boat and a raft containing figures should complete the scene. Regards Sapper.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Your diorama is coming along nicely Greg, looking forward to the next photos.

Seeing each other for the first time must of been pretty weird for both sides, The locals being in awe of the horse and the Spaniards thinking something like these creatures were devils in their costumes !

Steve

I have been waiting for someone to do the causeway as soon as I saw the first Aztec.
Can't wait till this is done. Looks great so far.

Thanks for the likes and responses. One new photo. Sapper.
attachment.php

A few more conquistadors making the scene more interesting. Sapper.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Have always enjoyed that song when i've heard it and I like the profound quote from the Viking series. Looking forward to your next showing of your Aztec diorama. Mike. Regards Greg.

A few years ago one of my work appointments took me to Procol Harum's Gary Brookers house in Dunsfold and had a good chat with him whilst I was working there. He's a really nice guy.

Steve

Anyone remember the show "Deadliest Warrior" where they would compare 2 warriors, their weapons and armor against one another. Could be warriors from different time periods such as a Spartan vs Ninja etc..... I would be curious to see an analysis of these Aztec weapons to see how effective they were.

Thanks for sharing the scene sapper. Very interesting era.

I believe the Aztecs were fierce warriors and highly skilled with their weapons but would prove less effective against the Spaniards firepower. The horse was a distinct advantage too until they realised it was just an animal. I've decided to extend that diorama considering more mounted figures and artillery releases pending. I'm starting to get a greater interest in the figures and will need more room. Thanks for the comments Sahara and Steve. Regards Greg.

Certainly an interesting and colourful range and John has done a great job on his sculpts.
I'd have liked to get a few myself, but think once started it would just be a slippery slope before trying wanting them all and hunting down those already released and sold out !

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back