1/16th scale WW1 German NCO in-progress (1 Viewer)

Dave-LC

Private 2
This figure will be part of a new large scale WW1 Trench Diorama. Still have a ways to go on finishing him!

Attachments

• 44842.jpg
    44842.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 1,584
Working on the 2nd figure for the new 120mm WW1 Trench Diorama...

Attachments

• WW1 German gunner.jpg
    WW1 German gunner.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 919
1st figure completed for the diorama - 120mm -1/16th scale.

NCO-A1_zpsc92807ee.jpg

Dave: Your craftsmanship is superb. I can't wait to see the completed diorama. It is no secret that WWI German figurines in 1/16 or 120 mm is a rather well served scale to depict in this motif. I have followed this modeling size of this specific era with interest. I recall Kirin making a terrific trench raider in this scale complete with a potato masher grenade in one hand and a Bergmann MP 18 with snail drum slung over his shoulder. Every time I see this figurine come up on Ebay collectors bid the auction up to a typical $75+ or so. That amount is around what the splendid Jon Smith Modelbau figurines cost. They appear to be well worth the price. Quite simply they are intensely realistic products with flawless execution. Verlinden has made at least five WWI Germans in this scale. All are well crafted particularly the pickelhaube helmeted circa 1915 early trench raider and a well done luger armed officer wearing a soft cap. I can think of a decent trench raider made by Model Cellar and the most recent addition to this size and conflict is an intriguing trench raider made by the Lost Battalion of a broom handle Mauser armed trooper. So I can anticipate a myriad of concepts that you can potentially roll out with this diorama. Good luck in your masterful painting and all the best in creating, at least in my view, a hotly anticipated set up.

Thanks so much for all of your great comments jefman! I have the new Jeff Shiu Machine gunner for this project also. I will have to correct his boots as they are the WW2 style with the seam in the back whereas the WW1 German boots had side seams, but other than that a great figure!

Dave: Your choice of the new Jeff Shiu machine gunner for the project is stellar. I like that figurine. It exudes a real haunting mid war, western front look combined with an actual combat action theme to the sculpt as opposed to say the Verlinden MG 08/15 carrying figurine who looks like he is heading home from the corner tavern. Same with that Jon Smith Modellbau captured Lewis gun figurine that has the soft cap/feldmutze option. Keep painting and modifying. This 1/16 diorama already looks and sounds like a real masterpiece in the making.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back