2008 predictions (2 Viewers)

Combat

Brigadier General
Best guesses for major releases in the next year:

1) German 88MM - this one is at the top of the list of most likely releases. Long overdue, popular with new collectors. It has everything. Think AK or Winter!

2) JagdTiger - It's big, german, used in the Ardennes and hasn't been done = it's coming. The release of the elefant may set this one back given there are many similarities, but still a good bet for later this year.

3) Compiègne railway carriage - 1940 surrender of France. Maybe a limited edition. Would make a fantastic set and something entirely new. Size might be an issue.

4) Napoleonic or other non-WWII limited edition - my best guess would be Napoleon's campaign carriage or some WWI vehicle like the archduke's car.

5) Goliath - my surprise pick.

1) German 88MM - this one is at the top of the list of most likely releases. Long overdue, popular with new collectors. It has everything. Think AK or Winter!

2) JagdTiger - It's big, german, used in the Ardennes and hasn't been done = it's coming. The release of the elefant may set this one back given there are many similarities, but still a good bet for later this year.

3) Compiègne railway carriage - 1940 surrender of France. Maybe a limited edition. Would make a fantastic set and something entirely new. Size might be an issue.

4) Napoleonic or other non-WWII limited edition - my best guess would be Napoleon's campaign carriage or some WWI vehicle like the archduke's car.

Here's my WW2 guesses

1. British commandoes. Early war raiding types.
2. Sherman Firefly
3. Grant tank for the desert
4. Crusader tank for desert
5. Panzer IV, short barrel in grey and desert
6. Fallschirmjagers in Normandy.
7. 88mm in desert and winter

1. A Humber armored car for the 8th Army! the Dingo needs help.
A perfect foil to the AK SDKFZ 222 armored car.
2. DAK tank riders or repair/service crew
3. a desert building and palm trees
Randy

Attachments

• humber_800.jpg
    humber_800.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 325
  • AK024.jpg
    AK024.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 325
I like the way you guys think . . . my banker on the other hand wants to shoot the lot of you.

Seriously though,

I think the Firefly Sherman (30 Corps for Arnhem), an 88mm Gun in some incarnation, and a Grant for the Desert in 8th Army Markings, are all very good bets for 2008.

I agree with Louis, but what about the RESISTANCE FIGHTERS???:confused:Didn't we see a couple of moulds a year ago?:(What's happened?:confused::(

On a positive side:D.........loads more Arnhem Glider troops, paras, dutch buildings:D:eek:An american tank crew, oh yeah, and of course a type of German anti-aircraft gun like WSS39, but different, if you get me:confused::D

If like me you're wondering about the resistance figures, log on to www.confused.com:p

I second you Combat, special with 88mm Flak artillery. I have been looking for this peace for a long time.

Cheers:)

I came into this hobby not so long ago, at a time when the last incarnation of the 88 was still available, but I missed it - I was just concentrating on getting the collection started and deciding what I was going to focus on - I'd certainly love to see another one to go with the prime mover I DO have - :)

Why doesn't the forum record these predictions and then we can review them in Dec 2008. That would be fun.
Regards
Damian

I try not to get in this guessing game because who knows what goes in Andy's head?:D (when it comes to military models, that is ;) )

Now, in looking at the choices Andy did say here that the Compiegne idea was an interesting idea. Does that mean we'll see it? Who knows but I love the idea.

Anytime Louis says something are very good bets, you need to pay attention and listen.

I suggested the Goliath sometime ago but who knows it will be made. Andy has made some interesting, different things lately so this could fill that bill.

Fallschirmjagers in Normandy Pak 40 Normandy/Arnhem
Sd.Kfz.10/2"2cm flak 38 Arnhem
Casualties British paras
Casualties German Tank crew
Confederate Artillery/Casualties
Union Artillery/infantry/cavalry/Casualties

Harry :eek:

Welcom France/Arnhen civilian.
A beautifuf lady kissing an American/british soldier:D:D

Harry:cool:

I agree that we will likely see some armor for the Eighth Amy. Possibly a Crusader. I would also expect the 88 at some point since people have been clamoring for it. My personal wish is that Andy does an M13/40 and a Marader III for the Afrika Korps. I think the M13/40 is really important given how prevalent they were in the North Africa campaign. I would love to see Louis and others on the forum lobby for those. :) That said, I'm good with whatever Andy comes up with. The product keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to get the Tiger SL.

Dan

I would love to see an M13/40 and a Semovente. The M13/40 could be done in both Italian Markings and as a captured tank in ANZAC markings with the big Kangaroo on the side.

FOB german horse Artillery!
Large german crossing raft (10 man)
Spitfire and Storch
8th army Crusader
I guess this is more of a wish list:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Ray

rolls-royce armondcar 8th army/fob
cruiser mk 6
6 pounder 8th army
more britsh troops normandy/ MG
17 pounder arnhem
:cool:;):)

:cool: Love All these Suggestions Guy's! Don't forget the AS41/2-'SAHARIANA'-Italian "Reece Car", and a AB41-Armored Car with Baloon Tires? Also,for the British 8th Army, a " Marmon Herrington" Earlier Armoured Car , and a 'HUMBER' MK1/2 Armored Car and for - ARNHEM A AEC Daimler Armored car? ---- For -DAK-"NEW"SDKFZ-232-8-Wheel RAD/w/ Radio Antennae, and Front Grille Guard--Panzer IV Tank (Short Barrel)--NEBELWERFER (Rocket) Artillery-----( 150MM15CM)-( HEAVY) Field Howitzer Gun? HORCH-SdKFZ-15 Command car with NEW ROMMEL and BAYERLIN in Overcoats? CIAO!

All theses requests are very interesting, but you don't think guys that lately we had a lot of DAK and BULGE?

Maybe is time to have some new themes and new battles. We need to have more Artillery pieces and machinery.

Regards.

All theses requests are very interesting, but you don't think guys that lately we had a lot of DAK and BULGE?

Maybe is time to have some new themes and new battles. We need to have more Artillery pieces and machinery.

Regards.

Theres only been one DAK item lately, personally i think we need more DAK, but we do have enough bulge, for now.

I wanted to say that K&C has produced more than one item of DAK in the last 2 years ex: StugIII, the new Desert Tiger the opel blitz etc...

personally, I stopped to ask about East front sets i think that there is no interesting on that, but I really like to see something complete different, this why I asked new Flak-Artilleries pieces and new weaponries .

Cheers:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back