2011 fov (2 Viewers)

wiiwhitey

Private
It's that time of year again, so any rumors or anything news wise of FOV 2011? New product is very spotty with this line...

there is also news from the motorpool
"In a roundabout fashion, we've learned that Unimax' will be offering a number of new diecast toolings in 2011 along with a plethora of repainted products. New to the game will be a US 1-1/2 ton truck and German 4x4 ambulance, both designed for the 1:32 scale crowd. For the 1:72 scale collectors, look forward to wrapping your mitts around a Hetzer light tank destroyer and Czech-built 38(t) medium tank. In the air, aviation buffs will get to play with a AH-1Z Cobra attack helicopter, German Fw 190A fighter and F-22 Raptor Air Dominance Fighter. While images are still forthcoming, you can peruse the entire collection of new recruits in our December 2010 Additions section, which is located within the Product Roundup link....."

I hope the german ambulance will be a new mold, not an opel repaint. And the new 1-1/2 truck has me thinking what can it be?

In THEORY, the "US ! 1/2 ton truck" should be a Dodge WC63 type. K&C recently did this in 1/30th. These light trucks were primarily used to pull the 57mm AT guns in infantry regiments and to tow the short 105mm howitzers in regimental cannon companies. The only other really notable 1 1/2 tonner was the Chevy that was mostly used stateside (and in war movies).

Gary B.

According to another forum

The following 2011 FOV releases programe will be announced at the forthcoming New York Toy Fair!

1/72:

P-47D Thunderbolt Europe & France 1944 - 2 paint schemes (Silver w/DDay stripes & black/white checker nose, Black with red nose & tail HV*1)

Fw 190A-8 Normandy & Germany 1944 - 2 paint schemes (red band black or blue 13, and yellow tail "Pips" Priller's Black 13)

AH-1Z Cobra in Gray

F-22 Raptor Langley AFB

Hetzer Ambush camo spotted tri-color, Ardennes 1944

Panzer 38(t) Early War panzer gray, Eastern Front 1941

Repaints:

F-14 Tomcat (rising sun tail)
King Tiger tan & brown, France 1944
US Cargo Truck w/canvas top tri-color camo
Elefant tri-color camo, Poland, 1944
Panzer MkIV tri-color camo, Eastern Front, 1945
Panther summer tan, Italy, 1944
Tiger tri-color camo wide stripes, Normandy, 1944

1/32:

US 6x6 1.5 ton Cargo Truck, Europe, 1945

German Opel Blitz 4x4 Ambulance Truck gray, France, 1940

Repaints:

Hanomag SdKfz 251/1 tri-color camo

1/1000:
Repaint of Bismarck Norway, 1941

1/700:
Tirpitz Norway, 1944

Repaints:
USS Missouri BB-63 East Coast, 1944

That's it in a nutshell; so basically once you cut through it, two releases in 1/32nd scale and two in 1/72nd, both of the 1/72nd scale releases are home runs, my wargaming customers will love those.

Two releases in 1/32nd scale, two trucks, no tanks; not good IMO, maybe more is on the way for later in the year (or so I hope).............

That's it in a nutshell; so basically once you cut through it, two releases in 1/32nd scale and two in 1/72nd, both of the 1/72nd scale releases are home runs, my wargaming customers will love those.

Two releases in 1/32nd scale, two trucks, no tanks; not good IMO, maybe more is on the way for later in the year (or so I hope).............

Saw the list last week & thought the same thing :(

Saw the list last week & thought the same thing :(

Not to mention the retail prices are going throught the roof.

21st Century faded away and FOV is cutting way back on the new items they produce, instead putting out repaints.

Bottom line is the profits on these sort of things are not that great for the manufacturer, they have to sell to the mass merchandisers at rock bottom wholesale prices, in the end it's not worth it.

If it was, they'd be rolling out raftloads of new releases, 21st Century would not have faded away and there would be other companies making these sort of things popping up............

Not to mention the retail prices are going throught the roof.

21st Century faded away and FOV is cutting way back on the new items they produce, instead putting out repaints.

I'm the same as you George would of thought repaint would be the way to go , what interesting the resell value of the armour is very poor for the 1/32 scale range but good on 1/16 scale

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos from new catalogue
20110208-160256-779.jpg

Well the 1/32 "soft-skins" and the hanomag do look good. Looks like Unimax will get more of my money even if I don't like them very much for ignoring armor.

-Kevin

Love the new 1/72 tanks, will pick up both of them. Still haven't bought the 2010 Wespe or German truck yet though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back