28mm Waterloo June 2015 (1 Viewer)

Fubar

Sergeant Major
DSC_0009.JPGDSC_0024a.JPGDSC_0040.JPGDSC_0039.JPGDSC_0018.JPG

A few images from last Junes Waterloo 200th Anniversary war game in the infamous cave. 100+ degree heat routed most of my less formidable opponents. Plus it was Fathers day. Oh well, 2 of us managed about 8 turns, 8 hours of pushing battalions and squadrons. There are nearly 6,000 figures. All from my own collection. No room for the Prussians and their attack at Plancenoit. Table is 6 x 16', and I added another table 4x8' , just to hold the French Grand Battery, Imperial Guard and Heavy Cavalry corps.
I'll add some more pix later.
FubAr

Good lord!{eek3}How does someone collect 6,000 figures and I know you have more than that with your other ranges.Where do you keep them all? Fantastic collection!{bravo}}
Mark

Awesome! This is what the Age of Napoleon is all about! beautiful!
love the La Haye Sainte model.
Ray

Last edited:
Good lord!{eek3}How does someone collect 6,000 figures and I know you have more than that with your other ranges.Where do you keep them all? Fantastic collection!{bravo}}
Mark

And paint them 😱

Mark
Not all at once thats for certain. Maybe 8-9 years. A long row of 6' steel shelving units and long 41 quart Steralite tubs. At the farm.

This reminds me of old epic movies. If you saw 1000 people on the screen, it was 1000 people. Today, its 5-people and 995-computer generated people. I hate that. Very impressive Harold. Incredible.

I agree about the movie look, Epic! War and Peace without the Peace.
Ray

Absolutely incredible :salute:::salute:::salute::, and well painted your the man. regards Gebhard

This is indeed a masterpiece! Incredible work! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the joy!

PS: and my wife thought I had too many of these little guys...:rolleyes2:

Good job they are in 28mm size. I wonder IF they were in 54mm - would the tables stand the weight???

It also makes you think a bit - as IF they were bought as painted items - from some of the market leaders ranges - what would they have cost to buy????

(Multiply some of the market leader products by 6,000 - and you get the idea)

I think, maybe, this is the ONLY way such a magnificent display is really feasible - unless you're a millionaire!{eek3}

Well done indeed - takes your breath away. jb

Good job they are in 28mm size. I wonder IF they were in 54mm - would the tables stand the weight???

It also makes you think a bit - as IF they were bought as painted items - from some of the market leaders ranges - what would they have cost to buy????

(Multiply some of the market leader products by 6,000 - and you get the idea)

I think, maybe, this is the ONLY way such a magnificent display is really feasible - unless you're a millionaire!{eek3}

Well done indeed - takes your breath away. jb

Thank you all for the kind words.
As far as the cost of the castings , they are reasonable. $1.00=$1.50 for foot and about $3.00 for cavalry. Cannons about $4.00 each. That's bulk purchase with discounts and free shipping from the U.K. Most of these are Perry Bros. figures and front rank. Many are also plastic kit figures, even cheaper. A full 40 man Battalion of French can be had for $22- 25, a Cavalry set of 14 figs same price. There's a lot of assembling and cleaning of castings to be done .I did about 600 of the French and all the Prussians. I send cleaned assembled units to my painters, numbered accordingly with matching prints of uniform details and instructions. I am charged $1.35 for foot and $3.15 for Mounted. Very reasonable.
I did collect 54mm for a long time. Was wonderful sight.But limited in troop types.Cost of 54mm just got to be a little much, plus IF I wanted to fight miniature war games it just didn't work. Cavalry was a problem. I slowly sold them off and put it back into 28mm.
FubAr

Attachments

• waterloo 2010.jpg
    waterloo 2010.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_1123-1.JPG
    IMG_1123-1.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 418
That is truly outstanding! The 28mm miniatures look great! I am convinced that this is the best way to go for large dioramas to save on $$ and space! It would also save space storing the boxes that come with the standard scale figures which is a huge problem for those that have been collecting for a long while. I will be diversifying into the 28mm scale from now on. I will need to see what I can part with in my standard scale collection to make room. Harold, you got the right idea! Impressive diorama! :salute::

Right now I'm collecting French & Indian War figures and I'm also collecting Foundry's Mountain Men range.I also have some ACW but I'm just collecting personalities for that range
Mark

It really is an awesome display of figures, I certainly would not have the rrom to display at 60mm but 28mm Mmmm !
Steve

Right now I'm collecting French & Indian War figures and I'm also collecting Foundry's Mountain Men range.I also have some ACW but I'm just collecting personalities for that range
Mark

Still on the French & Indian War dio but dropped the mountain men and civil war projects.Collecting miniatures for Spanish-American War and pre- contact indians.
Mark

I am a bit late in finding this thread but wanted to add my thanks for you sharing these magnificent displays. Best wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back