3 Spitfires :) (1 Viewer)

Hello Phoong ... I am not sure if you mean that the model is an excellent plane or the "REAL" thing was an excellent WWII fighter .... but I guess in either case you are VERY correct.

Congratulations on the newest addition to your K&C family {sm4} --- Larry

Hi Larry,

Guess i meant both {sm3}. It will be amazing to see an actual spitfire in real life. The new spitfire model's packaging as well as the model itself seems more refined.{sm4}

A good while ago I did get within 2 feet of an actual WWII Spitfire! {sm3}

In my area there is a museum (Owl's Head Transportation) that has a "FLY-IN" day of WWII planes every few years. The museum has a large collection of WWI era planes but nothing past that time.

On that day there was a B-17; a B-24; a P-51; a ZERO; two Navy WWII Trainers .... and .... wait for it .... wait for it a British Spitfire. If you were lucky enough to be at the museum field on the FLY-IN day ( Special Admission) you got to see a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME event, watching them all approach the field, flyover, land and then taxi to the display spot.

They were here for 4 days. During that time the museum/owners were offering rides in the B17, the Navy Trainers and the P-51. Unfortunately the cost THEN was to much ... $375 for 20 min in the B-17 and $495 for 30 min in the P-51. :(

Even though I didn't get a ride the thrill of being that close to these legends was tremendous. They haven't been back for a while but rumor has it that this year .. ?might? .. be the year. --- Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back