7th cavalry troop flags (1 Viewer)

maddadicus

2nd Lieutenant
First off, would the attached type flag been carried by each troop at the bighorn? Also, I am interested in someone making ( painting )5 similar flags in copper or tin with wire pole for me. I will give dimensions to whoever might be interested. They would be troops..C,E,F,I,L...Michael

Attachments

• troop guidons.jpg
    troop guidons.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 462
Michael,

thats an easy task for me, I have foil for flags, let over from some Shenadoah figures that I had used printed flags instead of painting them.

here is a Shenadoah Guidon bearer I painted some time back

shen5.jpg

and these are some I/R Texas troopers, one with flag.
texcav.jpg

One of my best flags is this Russian from 1812
r_flag.jpg

Let me know what you think, and we can work on something,

regards,

John

Are you making a diorama Mike?
Mark

I am a static type, put them in rows collector. I started to collect Edmunds gloss Custer Last Stand sets. I have had him make me add on troopers. I mount them 3 to a stand. I want to stand the troop flags next to the appropriate Officer figures. Michael

First off, would the attached type flag been carried by each troop at the bighorn? Also, I am interested in someone making ( painting )5 similar flags in copper or tin with wire pole for me. I will give dimensions to whoever might be interested. They would be troops..C,E,F,I,L...Michael

Troop guidons at the Little Big Horn were of the type carried during the Civil War. The type you have illustrated was not taken into use until 1885.

Attachments

• 5ny flag.jpg
    5ny flag.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 361

Users who are viewing this thread

Back