A rebellion in the 6th Army!!!!! (1 Viewer)

braddinpa

Sergeant Major
There has been a breakdown and I picked up some rebs! I couldn't resist. They are outstanding. Incredible facial features. Well done!misc 004 (640x480).jpgmisc 005 (640x480).jpgmisc 009 (640x480).jpg

Oh, oh, oh, {eek3}
You gonna get drawn in :wink2: ^&grin
Beautiful figures though, no doubt.
Konrad

I always knew those cup holders would be useful for something :)

Hello Brad,
Welcome on the wonderful world of First Legion Civil War figures!:salute::
Congratulations for these new acquisitions.
Best regards
Xavier.

There has been a breakdown and I picked up some rebs! I couldn't resist. They are outstanding. Incredible facial features. Well done!View attachment 126474View attachment 126475View attachment 126476

Hi Braddinpa,

Qy
Yours FL soldiers are very well sculpt and paint. The details are really impressives : hands have their nails and shoes are laced well too. These "rebs" look near alive.

I have KC figures but I will buy soon FL soldiers in order to compare. Yes, the price are not the same but the details and paint sheme seem to be finest.

Faithfully
Valmy

Last edited:
Thanks Guys. They are good looking. I am impressed with the level of detail. For example. The one cap box is brown. While the other is black. I have seen original examples of both. Same with the canteens. I am looking forward to picking up some more of these guys and hopefully FL will come out with some Bucktails soon! :) Brad

And Valmy. You are right about the nails. I didn't even notice them until you pointed it out. And the Braiding on the Captains sleeve is outstanding too! Although a little more expensive. You can't beat the quality. Brad

Brad,
I was wondering how long you would last without buying any Rebs. I am suprised you have lasted this long with all those trips to Gettysburg. I have both of those infantry figures and they are very detailed. Glad you are enjoying them!

Cameron! It is your fault I have broken down! :) The detail is just too good to pass up. I also like the drummer boy.

Are you heading down to the 150th for Gettysburg, I see they have a walk on JUly 3rd with 9 separate groups that will represent each brigade in Picketts Charge so you could walk in Armisteads steps. (and 3 groups on the Union side)

FL are second too none, no insult intended to anybody who loves Britains ACW and they do a great job. I just think the FL stuff is fantastic. Of course, all their ranges are great but this is the only FL range I collect.

You've made a choice, keep collecting 'em. Word to the wise: don't forget the NC figures. Matt said that they will not be making anymore and when they're gone, they're gone!

And Valmy. You are right about the nails. I didn't even notice them until you pointed it out. And the Braiding on the Captains sleeve is outstanding too! Although a little more expensive. You can't beat the quality. Brad

They're little details but they're these kind which do the difference between a good and a great figure. I do not have shares in FL but the sculpt is really good and the paint shemes are similar. Other detail : if you look the figures (equipment,weapon), you can see that there's no mistake. For example, the US cavalry : the soldiers have a Sharp rifle MK 1852 with the good bandolier. However, the Spencer could be carve/sculpt with an other bandolier too because It seemed to be more common and appreciate by the cavalry troops. It was used for the first time at Antietam. During the Gettysburg campaign, two regiments of the Michigan Brigade under George Armstrong Custer used the Spencer.

It's just again a detail and FL don't make the mistake : the trademarks offers riders of the 8th Illinois Cavalry regiment.

For the price, it's an other history... but when you love, you don't count.

Faithfully
Valmy

Last edited:
Thanks Brad for the heads up regarding the NC troops being retired. Very much appreciated.

Velmy, I agree about the authenticity. The Sharps looks really good. I really look forward to some Union Infantry.

Brad

Cameron! It is your fault I have broken down! :) The detail is just too good to pass up. I also like the drummer boy.

Are you heading down to the 150th for Gettysburg, I see they have a walk on JUly 3rd with 9 separate groups that will represent each brigade in Picketts Charge so you could walk in Armisteads steps. (and 3 groups on the Union side)

Brad,
Nice to hear that I broke you down haha! I am planning on going back to Gettysburg this year, but I doubt it will be anywhere close to the anniversary week. Just WAY too many people to deal with even though there are some great events taking place.

I am a bit worried about all the people too. I suspect it will be crazy. Chancellorsville was much more laid back.

Brad,
Congratulations on your new pieces, they look fantastic!
Best,
Josh

I am a bit worried about all the people too. I suspect it will be crazy. Chancellorsville was much more laid back.

Yeah I have seen the many pictures that the Fredericksburg/Chancellorsville National Park has posted on facebook from that event. It looked to be well attended but as you say more laid back. By the way if it makes you feel any better you have been tempting me into getting one or two German figures. WW2 is my second area of major interest...ugh!

Thanks Josh!

And Cameron. You should get some of the german figures. They are outstanding!!!!! You can't go wrong. (Yes, I am trying to talk you over to the other side too! :) )

And Cameron. You should get some of the german figures. They are outstanding!!!!! You can't go wrong. (Yes, I am trying to talk you over to the other side too! :) )

Haha! Good luck doing so in the mean time. I am trying to finish up my collection of the 13th Alabama first. I need about eight or so more to complete it. Then most likely whatever Iron Brigade release that comes out will be next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back