Acw (1 Viewer)

GulfportEagle77

Private 2
I've been away from collecting for a year or so, except with the sporadic figure purchase every now and then. Please excuse the question if it's already been brought up eons ago, but has K&C officially abandoned their American Civil War line?

I've started my collection up again, and there really isn't much out there for me in terms of ACW & K&C. I always thought they had the best figures and own most of the range. I've started looking at First Legion and Britains, but haven't committed to anything yet. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

John

I've been away from collecting for a year or so, except with the sporadic figure purchase every now and then. Please excuse the question if it's already been brought up eons ago, but has K&C officially abandoned their American Civil War line?

I've started my collection up again, and there really isn't much out there for me in terms of ACW & K&C. I always thought they had the best figures and own most of the range. I've started looking at First Legion and Britains, but haven't committed to anything yet. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

John

John,How might I help you,Sir? I have all/many of the K&C C/W sets for sale Never displayed but alas ,no original boxes.
Also in the collection is about 2000 metal C/W from every maker known to mankind(or **** close!).
Take care....Randy

Hi John,

Welcome back to the Forum... Re the above... Yes, we have cut back from the US Civil War at this time as we are concentrating on other areas... However, there are some figures still available on our own website (including Abe Lincoln & His Generals). It would also be worthwhile for you to check around some authorised K&C dealers (like our friends at Treefrog) to see what they still have available.

Good Luck and happy hunting!
Andy

Since K & C won't be making ACW for the foreseeable future, you may have to decide what to do with your K & C since they don't match up well with Britain's and FL.

Assuming you wish to still continue to collect Civil War, I would recommend Britain's as there is a greater availability of their figures and they are always adding new figures. FL are very nice but they are not as prolific as Britain's and their figures do not always mesh well with Britain's. However, they are the same scale. In addition, FL will be issuing more figures in the near future. They also have the Mass Battle figures, which are designed to compete with Britain's.

Brad

Hello John,
Welcome back to this wonderful community of collectors! I am a collector of ACW and WWII from both K&C and First Legion. I am sad to hear that K&C will not be making any more ACW additions for the upcoming future as they are fantastic figures. I have many of their older sets and a couple of their newer ones. I'm in hopes that maybe Andy will return to the ACW, but I'm not holding my breath.

My recommendation is that you go with First Legion for your ACW collecting needs. Their figures are works of art and they continue to add to their line with a new release coming out very soon. I remember Matt stating at some point he wanted their ACW range to be their "second flagship" range. However, still add to your K&C ACW collection as I myself do with older consignment sets and newer sets as I find them. Just know that you won't be able to be build a large dio with them, which I don't do myself, I just display them. Good luck and happy collecting! :)

Cameron

What a shame, I have federal cavalry figures and I expected some in the future:redface2:

Francisco

Since K & C won't be making ACW for the foreseeable future, you may have to decide what to do with your K & C since they don't match up well with Britain's and FL.

Assuming you wish to still continue to collect Civil War, I would recommend Britain's as there is a greater availability of their figures and they are always adding new figures. FL are very nice but they are not as prolific as Britain's and their figures do not always mesh well with Britain's. However, they are the same scale. In addition, FL will be issuing more figures in the near future. They also have the Mass Battle figures, which are designed to compete with Britain's.

Brad

When you say FL doesn't match up well with K&C, is it the style in which they are sculpted that you are talking about?

Hi John,

Welcome back to the Forum... Re the above... Yes, we have cut back from the US Civil War at this time as we are concentrating on other areas... However, there are some figures still available on our own website (including Abe Lincoln & His Generals). It would also be worthwhile for you to check around some authorised K&C dealers (like our friends at Treefrog) to see what they still have available.

Good Luck and happy hunting!
Andy

Thanks Angy, and BTW I have figures from many other of your time-periods as well. You guys do outstanding work, and got me started in the hobby a long time ago, when I happened upon a store called Kings X.

I've been keeping my eye on some of the consignment sales on Treefrog and Sierra for awhile now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back