Advancing Across the Desert (1 Viewer)

tmanthegreat

Master Sergeant
I recently got the new WA056 Desert Scenic Base from War Park and it’s really nice! It has a sort of rough sand-like texture to it and is mounted to a frame. I added some Last Post Miniatures palm trees to the base and used some fine grain sand from my yard to better blend the tree bases and add a little more texture to the sand terrain. My display features the War Park DAK Panzer IIIM with the new crew figures as well as the new AK005 DAK R75 Motorcycle and riders. All great additions to War Park’s DAK series 😎

IMG_4438.jpegIMG_4440.jpegIMG_4441.jpegIMG_4442.jpegIMG_4445.jpegIMG_4446.jpegIMG_4444.jpegIMG_4447.jpeg

Looking good TMan. Both vehicles are certainly iconic winners for the Korps. Your new base with the addition of the palms works perfectly for this scene. Like the accessories as well. Nicely done!

Great desert scene, that is a very interesting base….im thinking some crusaders would look good on it too

Do individual figures stand on the base without wobbling or are they steady?

Thank you everyone for the kind comments on my War Park display! It is very much appreciated 😃

Panzer Ace, to answer your question about individual figures standing steadily on the desert display base, it depends on where you place them. There are some flat areas and other areas where small “sand dunes” have been sculpted in a curved direction across the base. These make the terrain uneven and a little harder for a figure to be placed in a steady position in some places. The “dunes” are hard to see in my pics and in a lot of the promo pics as well unless the lighting is at the right angle, however, one can see them pretty well in this promo pic from War Park:

IMG_4471.jpeg

Thank you everyone for the kind comments on my War Park display! It is very much appreciated 😃

Panzer Ace, to answer your question about individual figures standing steadily on the desert display base, it depends on where you place them. There are some flat areas and other areas where small “sand dunes” have been sculpted in a curved direction across the base. These make the terrain uneven and a little harder for a figure to be placed in a steady position in some places. The “dunes” are hard to see in my pics and in a lot of the promo pics as well unless the lighting is at the right angle, however, one can see them pretty well in this promo pic from War Park:

View attachment 341839
Thanks for the photo and explanation.

I truly appreciate your response.

Man the base looks great but the whole set up is awesome. The new bike and side car looks fantastic. I just got into 8th army and Afrika Corps but yo save my wallet i will stay away from machinery and only collect a few infantry. Thats why its so cool to see your stuff set up so well.

Have War Park ever made Arfika Corps infantry?
Jason, War Park has not announced any DAK infantry yet, but it seems likely that they will make some eventually. In the mean time, the First Legion DAK figures work very well with the War Park DAK Panzer IIIs. I’ve included a couple pics below of some vignettes I did recently that mixed the War Park tanks with FL DAK Infantry figures:

IMG_3554.jpeg
IMG_4247.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back