Aip sets 2013 (1 Viewer)

Hi, any ideas - maybe Japanese 1905 to oppose the Russians?

9th

Yankee infantry in sack coats, yankee infantry in sack coats, oh and maybe some yankee infantry in sack coats.

Some ACW Cavalry and "field" artillery couldn't hurt either.

;)

Something Napoleonic would be good,How about some Polish Lancers!

Some generic 1850-1900 civilians? Good for CW to WW One and all those Victorian British bully wars. A doctor, nurses, people carrying buckets, etc.

Yankee infantry in sack coats, yankee infantry in sack coats, oh and maybe some yankee infantry in sack coats.

;)

And if these are done, naturally they'll be done in blue for union, light blue for alternate union, grey for confederates, butternut for alternate confederates, green for berdan sharpshooters, red for 14th brooklyn, brown for wheats tigers, etc, etc, etc, have to maximize those molds............

And if these are done, naturally they'll be done in blue for union, light blue for alternate union, grey for confederates, butternut for alternate confederates, green for berdan sharpshooters, red for 14th brooklyn, brown for wheats tigers, etc, etc, etc, have to maximize those molds............
And to get even more mileage they could even cast them in light grey and pass them of as 1900 Austrians!{eek3}

And to get even more mileage they could even cast them in light grey and pass them of as 1900 Austrians!{eek3}

Right! Or white for 1866 Austrians to fight the WW One 1914 Germans cast in blue. Now if AIP made 1914 French cast in dark blue would cover 1870-71.

In AIP's defense, one of their first sets, the Confederate infantry is the best, and open ended to buying many sets to get firing and advancing troops to cover CS most units in the WBTS. AIP should note (if they monitor this forum) that soldiers carry weapons at high port in formation not 90 degrees across the body. I usually harvest those figures for heads and toss them.

As an aside, it is worth bearing in mind that if there are any new sets in 2013 (and I hope and believe there will be) they will only be made because of AIP's approach to maximising the sales they get from a set of masters by making them in more than one colour plastic. Selling one set in one colour is simply not good business sense, and AIP are running a business not a hobby. At the end of the day, it isn't stopping other sets being made, quite the reverse, it is helping ensure that they are - isn't that what we all want? The slow down in the release of new sets in plastic from all makers is painfully obvious - surely anything that will help makers keep making figures is to be welcomed.

Instead of seeing this approach as something to knock my view of it is a positive one - if it keeps them in business and making toy soldiers then more power to their elbow! As it happens, I don't mind what colour the plastic is because I paint my figures. But to those who don't paint them or only do so partially, the approach is a just what they want - so again, why knock it?

What would I like to see? All the remaining Boxer Uprising forces - in the past they have appeared just after I have converted some! So, Italians (Bersaglieri) , Japanese (already mentioned for RJW, and I already have converted some), German East Asia Corps (ditto), Imperial Chinese infantry, cavalry and artillery (ditto)... would make me a very happy 'gamer! :)

What would I like to see? All the remaining Boxer Uprising forces - in the past they have appeared just after I have converted some! So, Italians (Bersaglieri) , Japanese (already mentioned for RJW, and I already have converted some), German East Asia Corps (ditto), Imperial Chinese infantry, cavalry and artillery (ditto)... would make me a very happy 'gamer! :)

Japanese from 1900 could also be used for Russo-Japanese War, Boxer Rebellion, and even fighting the Chinese in 1895. It would be a useful addition. Blue, white and tan plastic of course. I might be able to back date the Bersaglieri to 1854, 1860, and 1870. I do wink at blue plastic WW I Germans for 1870-Prussians.

Japanese from 1900 could also be used for Russo-Japanese War, Boxer Rebellion, and even fighting the Chinese in 1895. It would be a useful addition. Blue, white and tan plastic of course. I might be able to back date the Bersaglieri to 1854, 1860, and 1870. I do wink at blue plastic WW I Germans for 1870-Prussians.

1900 japanese are on the way. We will see them and spanish american war spanish and a set of british napoleanics sometime in the next few weeks. Glad AIP has done them, even though it's not my area of interest. A lot of collectors have been waiting a long time for them so hat's off to AIP for meeting this demand.

As an aside, it is worth bearing in mind that if there are any new sets in 2013 (and I hope and believe there will be) they will only be made because of AIP's approach to maximising the sales they get from a set of masters by making them in more than one colour plastic. Selling one set in one colour is simply not good business sense, and AIP are running a business not a hobby. At the end of the day, it isn't stopping other sets being made, quite the reverse, it is helping ensure that they are - isn't that what we all want? The slow down in the release of new sets in plastic from all makers is painfully obvious - surely anything that will help makers keep making figures is to be welcomed.

Instead of seeing this approach as something to knock my view of it is a positive one - if it keeps them in business and making toy soldiers then more power to their elbow! As it happens, I don't mind what colour the plastic is because I paint my figures. But to those who don't paint them or only do so partially, the approach is a just what they want - so again, why knock it?

I agree 100%. We all have our wish list but the reality is new products have to sell and any plastics mfg takes a risk. Granted some risks are probably less given certain popular themes e.g. american civil war, zulu war, etc. The irony here is the first set AIP did was world war I doughboys, something I never would have guessed would go over well. It did and the rest as they say is history. There will be more AIP this year and I am sure many of us will be happy with them.

1900 japanese are on the way. We will see them and spanish american war spanish and a set of british napoleanics sometime in the next few weeks. Glad AIP has done them, even though it's not my area of interest. A lot of collectors have been waiting a long time for them so hat's off to AIP for meeting this demand.

Huzzah! I hope some British Napoleonic infantry is in blue plastic to be US War of 1812 (ish). Thanks. I hope the officers have swords, not pistols and no 90 degree port arms figures.

Interesting about these new sets will have to wait and se??....AIP like to keep things hush hush dont they!

Interesting about these new sets will have to wait and se??....AIP like to keep things hush hush dont they!
Yes, that is AIP's policy. They don't do a "coming attractions" or "future releases". Reason for this is sometimes things get delayed, pushed back, etc. and they don't want to disappoint or annoy their customers. I know I have been let down in the past. I think I still have a well known (and arrogant in my opinion) dealer's statement about Accurate figures "work has begun on zulu and 24th foot"; still waiting for that! Imex, still waiting for the ho Alamo texans in 1/32. And Conte, well, still waiting on any plastic from him. To be fair, these are not always the fault of the maker as things do change but AIP is probably taking the wise path here. That said, I am pretty sure FIW, more Sudan war stuff, Zulu war and modern insurgents are the most likely themes we will see this year. Sudan war makes sense due to the high success of the Camel Corp line and I think FIW is a good move too, given the well received rangers, french and indians of a few years ago. If I get any definate info I'll be sure to pass it on. In the meantime, I'll keep hoping for my wants: gangsters and cops to go with Marx untouchables!

We're hoggin' the HaT forum, but AIP would be just the company with it's toy solder style to put out the Grenadier Guards and other British ceremonial units in parade ground poses.

Yes, that is AIP's policy. They don't do a "coming attractions" or "future releases". Reason for this is sometimes things get delayed, pushed back, etc. and they don't want to disappoint or annoy their customers. I know I have been let down in the past. I think I still have a well known (and arrogant in my opinion) dealer's statement about Accurate figures "work has begun on zulu and 24th foot"; still waiting for that! Imex, still waiting for the ho Alamo texans in 1/32. And Conte, well, still waiting on any plastic from him. To be fair, these are not always the fault of the maker as things do change but AIP is probably taking the wise path here. That said, I am pretty sure FIW, more Sudan war stuff, Zulu war and modern insurgents are the most likely themes we will see this year. Sudan war makes sense due to the high success of the Camel Corp line and I think FIW is a good move too, given the well received rangers, french and indians of a few years ago. If I get any definate info I'll be sure to pass it on. In the meantime, I'll keep hoping for my wants: gangsters and cops to go with Marx untouchables!
AIP has pictures of their 3 new lines: 1900 japanese, spanish american war spanish and 1812 americans. They look real good with the war of 1812 americans standing out in my opinion. Those who have been waiting for years, your wait is over and you'll be pleased.

AIP has pictures of their 3 new lines: 1900 japanese, spanish american war spanish and 1812 americans. They look real good with the war of 1812 americans standing out in my opinion. Those who have been waiting for years, your wait is over and you'll be pleased.

REALLY REALLY GOOD POSES! I'm going to order some of the 1812 right away.

The Japanese could also be Mexican "Federales" in 1910-20.

REALLY REALLY GOOD POSES! I'm going to order some of the 1812 right away.

The Japanese could also be Mexican "Federales" in 1910-20.

I'm looking forward to putting the brush to a few of the US/British 1812 figures. This fills a huge gap in 54mm plastic Napoleonics. Now all we need are some 1813-15 French Line Infantry. Maybe HAT will get around to remedying this (they could at least finish up their Austrians, these have been in the pipeline for...). The AIP Spanish & Japanese look good too. These sets are great additions for plastic collectors.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back