Airfix 2018 figures 1/32nd???? (1 Viewer)

9thHussar

Sergeant
Hi

anyone heard if Airfix have plans to reissue the 1/32nd sets of figures?

Thinking more of the 4 x Waterloo sets and 7th Cavalry maybe - possibly???

I think they issue details on their website in early January.

cheers
Dave

Wasn't there a story going around that the 1/32 figure line was being discontinued?

I heard that "Hannets?", who supposedly owned Airfix, was going to no longer produce the figures, and was going to "focus on" plastic model kits. The figures were going to be produced by a Chinese company under a different name. But, I may be mistaken.

AIRFIX figures are dime a dozen.
But, if you are a completionist like I am, be aware that certain individual figures have never been reissued and should be acquired aggressively.

P1010825.JPG
US Paratrooper

P1010826.JPG
Gurkha

And the ITALIAN INFANTRY of course!!

The Plastic General

Hi Shootist,
The reason they are " smaller and with some of the detail being lost " is due to the fact that the new molds/casting forms are made from copies of a already exisitng set ( injected piece ) and when the new mold is made some of the " sizing is lost" as well as the finner details to the uniform, webbing gear and weapon´s finner details....It is a pitty that new masters are not being created from casts and from them the creation of the production molds....
Cheers
Luiz

Thanks. I see on the CTS website they're offering Airfix/Marx Russians, from China. Supposedly "smaller", with some of the detail being lost.

Last edited:
AGREED.
That's my point. Just buy originals off ebay, a dime a dozen and you'll get the discontinued poses also.

Plastic General

cant see any 1/32nd for 2018 - just a few in 1/72nd reissues

got a set of 7th Cavalry picked up cheap at a toy fair a few years ago which needs painting.

There are NO 54mm / 1/32nd scale figures from Airfix this year.
All sets have been dropped and the 1/76 scale is much reduced

Guys, relax.
Ebay, has everything ARFIX has ever released for all time.
The world is in no shortage of AIRFIX 1:32.

Plastic General

Modern German
Modern British
Modern US/ NATO
WWII Italians
Modern Russians

I have been waiting for years for the above to be reissued And NO they are NOT on ebay.

I wish I lived in the UK. EBay is full of painted Airfix figures being modified by a university student and they look fantastic.

found the items- thank you. Now to find someone to buy them for me.{sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back