Alexdakar is THE MAN!! (1 Viewer)

Currahee Chris

Sergeant Major
I approached Mr. Prieto back in November about repairing some of my collection following an unfortunate incident with the family cat and my KC SF03 Hummer. Back in October, I hosted a toy solder event here at my house. Anyway, the set fell roughly 3.5 feet and smashed grill first into my poured concrete basement floor-amazingly the piece suffered far less damage than was initially thought (SF03- BUILT KC TOUGH!!)

So, I decided to give Alex a shout about giving my Hummer a facelift and repairing some other figures of mine. Needless to say, the man is an absolute magician. Beyond all of that, he is one of the really nice and kind personalities here on the forum. Alex- I most wholeheartedly thank you for your generosity and time spent repairing some of my most treasured collections pieces- you are a real professional!!

I strongly encourage all of you to give Alex a shout- he is really nice and his knowledge is unsurpassed.

Thanks again Alex!!
CC

I approached Mr. Prieto back in November about repairing some of my collection following an unfortunate incident with the family cat and my KC SF03 Hummer. Back in October, I hosted a toy solder event here at my house. Anyway, the set fell roughly 3.5 feet and smashed grill first into my poured concrete basement floor-amazingly the piece suffered far less damage than was initially thought (SF03- BUILT KC TOUGH!!)

So, I decided to give Alex a shout about giving my Hummer a facelift and repairing some other figures of mine. Needless to say, the man is an absolute magician. Beyond all of that, he is one of the really nice and kind personalities here on the forum. Alex- I most wholeheartedly thank you for your generosity and time spent repairing some of my most treasured collections pieces- you are a real professional!!

I strongly encourage all of you to give Alex a shout- he is really nice and his knowledge is unsurpassed.

Thanks again Alex!!
CC

Great story.
Thanks Alex
Chris some pictures would be great (before and after)
Welcome back

Thanks Damian

Unfortunately- the pictures would be WAY TOO traumatic to show fellow collectors as it may lead to nightmares about their own collections succumbing to the same fate- suffice it to say that it takes a collector of great fortitude to pick up the pieces of their shattered collection!! :D:eek:

The other amazing repair he did was on one of my old KC Panzershreck figures- my 2 year old son got hold of it and bounced it up and down on the basement floor- after Alex worked his magic, you'd hardly notice.

Good to see you back mate!

BTW, damaged + repaired SF03's are almost worthless, so you might as well send it over to me, so I can use it as a doorstop. I wouldn't want that heap of junk cluttering up your collection. :p

I't would be good to see the before and after pics, if you have them. I'm guessing the 'after' pic will look as good, if not better, than when it left the factory, if Alex has sprinkled his magic paint dust on it.

Simon

I think cats think that the figures are little people and try to get even with us for what we make them do.
Mark

I think cats think that the figures are little people and try to get even with us for what we make them do.
Mark

Yeah, but we'll get the last laugh when they keel over with lead poisoning. ;)

Yes he is very talented and friendly too. I met him at otsn last year. A Prince of a guy. He's posted amazing pix of conversions, repaints and repairs .Top notch.

Cats and lead poisoning???? Been tempted to give one or two lead poisoning, but even when I find one tip toeing through tha Battle of Waterloo , I've found just letting them walk through and no damage. Shreaking/scarying or trying to shoo them away makes the lead fly.
Besides, what 2 legged jerk left the door open so they can get in in the 1st place? I think the same thing when one of them left me their calling card in the cave, in my chair, on purpose.
Fub

We have an entire Gallery of Alex's repaints on our Web Site.

All of this CAT talk reminds me of the face of EVIL in the Philllips Household:

MAX the DESTROYER !

dunt, dunt, dunnnnnnnnn............

Attachments

• user421_pic4650_1231678757.jpg
    user421_pic4650_1231678757.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 287
C-RON:

Why not contact Alex and see if he can do a conversion or repaint of MAX to make him look like a nice dog-better yet, have him do the version pictured below!:D

"NAVIGATOR-The Protector Of Toy Soldiers"

Hang Tough,
Marc

Attachments

• SDL Squadron Members 003 (WinCE).jpg
    SDL Squadron Members 003 (WinCE).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 269
Mark

Hi, Mark!

My wife and I have four cats at home. My collection is behind glass doors with two knobs, since the day the smart little guys figured out how to open one knob!
:confused:

Thanks God nothing was broken, but I was scared after that. Cats and toy soldiers don't mix, really!
:D

Cheers...

Uthred

Users who are viewing this thread

Back