An un-informed question on K&C British NAP Cavalry issues (3 Viewers)

thales41

Private 1st Class
Good Afternoon Gents ___

1. Slowly wending my way back into the fold, please forgive/indulge me my ignorance on the subject. Collect WWII North Africa Campaign and NAPs; have a respectable collection of French/French-allied cavalry issues from K&C, as well as all of the Scots Greys.

2. What would be the next logical(?) issue from K&C on the non-French side for cavalry? Would be nice to be able to "balance out" opposing cavalry.

3. Sorry for the awkward phrasing of the question, and lack of knowledge on the subject. Non-flamatory enlightenment and references would be most appreciated.

Cordially,
thales41

Last edited:
Hello Thales

.. and welcome to the NAP fold :). Love your question since it's one foremost in most K&C NAP collectors mind and has been raised on and off over the past couple of years. We are a very patient lot.

It has been reported that we have new British cavalry coming .. With another two regiments of French/ French allied following. {sm3} {sm4} For the French cavalry, one is believed to be the horse Grenadiers of the Imperial Guard, whilst the other is speculated to be light cavalry for General Lasalle's troopers.

As for the new British ... I really have no idea as there are so many directions K&C may go ^&confuse . Collectors, in this forum, have asked for more heavy cavalry such as the LifeGuards or even light cavalry hussars.

Personally, I would wish for more heavy cavalry to recreate the famous charge at Waterloo, riding down the French infantry and the Grand battery. :rolleyes: ... but then, we would need some French being ridden down too :p

Bests
OD

OD ___

1. Thanks for the helpful reply, and the heads up!

2. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too much longer for some British Cavalry:)

Cordially,
thales41

Hello Thales

.. and welcome to the NAP fold :). Love your question since it's one foremost in most K&C NAP collectors mind and has been raised on and off over the past couple of years. We are a very patient lot.

It has been reported that we have new British cavalry coming .. With another two regiments of French/ French allied following. {sm3} {sm4} For the French cavalry, one is believed to be the horse Grenadiers of the Imperial Guard, whilst the other is speculated to be light cavalry for General Lasalle's troopers.

As for the new British ... I really have no idea as there are so many directions K&C may go ^&confuse . Collectors, in this forum, have asked for more heavy cavalry such as the LifeGuards or even light cavalry hussars.

Personally, I would wish for more heavy cavalry to recreate the famous charge at Waterloo, riding down the French infantry and the Grand battery. :rolleyes: ... but then, we would need some French being ridden down too :p

Bests
OD

About 2 - 3 years ago I informally chatted with Gordon during one of K&C shop's local event and asked this question, he thought that most other Brit cavalry units also wore red uniform (as the Scot Greys) and worried that collectors might just find them boring...

The alternate Brit cavalry units' uniforms that I can think of is in BLUE...

Yes, in my hurried research I see where the Royal Horse Guards had blue jackets. Apparently the King's German Legion also had cavalry units, so there must be enough color to prevent collector boredom in there somewhere (one would hope):smile2:

Thanks for the reply oberstoskar!

About 2 - 3 years ago I informally chatted with Gordon during one of K&C shop's local event and asked this question, he thought that most other Brit cavalry units also wore red uniform (as the Scot Greys) and worried that collectors might just find them boring...

The alternate Brit cavalry units' uniforms that I can think of is in BLUE...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back