Annapolis Maryland show this Saturday the 10th (1 Viewer)

Warrior

Lieutenant General
There will be a toy soldier show this coming Saturday May 10th at the National Guard Armory in Annapolis Maryland from 9 till 3. Myself (Minutemen Toy Soldiers), Aeroart and The Hobby Bunker will be in attendance, hope to see some of you Treefroggers there...........

There will be a toy soldier show this coming Saturday May 10th at the National Guard Armory in Annapolis Maryland from 9 till 3. Myself (Minutemen Toy Soldiers), Aeroart and The Hobby Bunker will be in attendance, hope to see some of you Treefroggers there...........

AUGH! I'm broke until the 15th! :( And I'm trying to give my credit card a break.

Prost!
Brad

Swing by anyway, no charge for looking, that's half the fun anyway.

The thing I love the most about the shows is getting to walk around before they start and seeing all the product that is available, like a kid in a candy store as they say................

Hey, 1,000 posts, what do you know, and I got a promotion to boot...................

Swing by anyway, no charge for looking, that's half the fun anyway.

The thing I love the most about the shows is getting to walk around before they start and seeing all the product that is available, like a kid in a candy store as they say................

I'm with you, Warrior. I like talking to the dealers and other collectors, especially guys who have been in the hobby a long time. Forums like these are great, of course; I can sit here at my desk, with a glass of beer, and I'm connected, not just with you up in MA, but to the Germans (well, those still awake at this time), guys in Australia, China. But it'll never replace the face-to-face. Nor should it! And congrats on your promotion!

Ein Prosit auf den Herrn Leutnant! Ein dreimaliges Hoch! Hoch! Hoch!
Brad

Wraith,
I've got a long way to go to get into your company mate, about 1500 posts to be exact, I need to get cracking.................

I'd rather have you here contributing as often as you do............:)

Wonder how the show went ?? :confused:

I wanted to get over there - but, cold still has me down...cough, hack...:(

I must say that I was disappointed in the show. Not because of the vendors, but because of the poor attendance. :(
I arrived just as the show was opening. Ther were 2 or 3 people ahead of me. I believe that several more people arrived after me. I knew there would not be alot of vendors because the show area is not that large.

I walked around the floor twice, taking my time. I made 2 purchases and was out by 10:00.

I sure hope that more people arrived after I left.

Chuck

Chuck,
No such luck, only 59 brave souls attended the show. The promoter has decided to pack it in, he's been running the Annapolis show twice a year for three years and it just hasn't taken off. I told him he scheduled the show too close to the MFCA show in Delaware, he insisted the show would fly.

He was wrong.

I do well at the December event there; another promoted has scheduled a show in the same venue (the armory) on June 1st; hopefully he'll have better luck. I am going to try to get into his December show if he has one as this promoter is not planning on doing a December show.

Regards,
George
Minutemen Toy Soldiers
www.mmtoysoldiers.com

George

Sorry to hear that - it must be a real pain to come down from Boston to a show that doesn't produce much $$$$$. I will look for you in Annandale, VA for sure.

Ron

Ron,
The problem with the show was it was too close to the big MFCA show held just two weeks ago. I had a bad feeling going into the show and my fears were realized for sure. Not to mention with all the rain on Friday it was a nightmare of a drive, a seven hour trip turned into over nine hours.

What can you do, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Annandale has always been a very good show for me, so we'll see in two weeks........

Wraith,
I've got a long way to go to get into your company mate, about 1500 posts to be exact, I need to get cracking.................

Warrior you can start to continuing on your goal catching up to Wraith by posting the Zulu War figures you teased with awhile back unless you've already sold them:D:D:D:D:D.....The Lt.

Annapolis is within reach from Bethlehem, but my budget for the month just didn't allow for a last-minute drive down there and any new figures.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back