Barzso Fort Ticonderoga (1 Viewer)

I have been looking for a Barzso Fort Ticonderoga. I have only seen pictures. Does anyone know the demensions or where one might even be found?

Thanks in Advance.

Rob

Right now I have my Fort put away. I think it is 4 feet by 4 feet. It is hard to find these days. I think I saw one on ebay sell for a $1,000 over the summer.

The fort requires a four foot square display space, identical to the others.

It is a pity that Ron retired, but the problems of meeting health and safety criteria with the foam was not worth the effort. Small business can not compete with big government.

Like toy soldier, lead free. If it were not for lead I could not do what I enjoy, even if I don’t sell what I produce. Thank god i don’t cast in romaine lettuce otherwise they may contain e-coli.

Don

It is a pity that Ron retired, but the problems of meeting health and safety criteria with the foam was not worth the effort. Small business can not compete with big government.

Like toy soldier, lead free. If it were not for lead I could not do what I enjoy, even if I don’t sell what I produce. Thank god i don’t cast in romaine lettuce otherwise they may contain e-coli.

Don

Too bad about the regulations. I wondered why they had for ages over 14 on some of the sets. Those Forts are really impressive. Fort William Henry is really nice too.

Don

Actually the reason why Ron retired has nothing to do with health and safety criteria / lead content in any of his products. The fact is there is NO lead content in any of it. Any paint used is lead free. Ron simply felt like it was time. He's getting older, wants to spend more time with his family and do some more traveling.

The reason he put the age warning label on his figures and playsets was for potential choking hazards for small children - again, nothing to do with lead. Also, there was no extra cost in putting this label on this products.

I just wanted to clarify this.

Thx,

Jim Clouse

Jim

My comment on lead did not have anything to do with Barzo playsets. We talked in Chicago about the issues around safety and how government requires oversite.

Yes, Ron deserved a retirement. His ideas and your sculpting made the playsets an art. I have been retired for twenty five years, and enjoyed every minute of it. The toy soldier interest provided me with a small income to continue being involved. I do what I want and if it sells it is a bonus.

Don

Too bad about the regulations. I wondered why they had for ages over 14 on some of the sets. Those Forts are really impressive. Fort William Henry is really nice too.

you are right, the Ron Forts (and other products) are the best ever made, I have both the Ticonderoga and the William Henry and I love them very very much. My only regret is not having taken the stunning Nottingham Castle but as said many times the import costs were and are dreadful.
At the beginning of my Forum subscription I posted some pictures of one of my dios, see a couple below, I love the French Indian War period.
Cheers
Carlo

Attachments

• DIORAMA NOUVELLE FRANCE 06.jpg
    DIORAMA NOUVELLE FRANCE 06.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 665
  • DIORAMA NOUVELLE FRANCE 07.jpg
    DIORAMA NOUVELLE FRANCE 07.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 642

Users who are viewing this thread

Back