BMC Alamo chapel Facade. (1 Viewer)

Scott

Major
I finally got around to adding a "back" to this piece from the BMC Alamo play set. So far I'm just doing the chapel back to the first buttresses as the chapel facade will still act as a backdrop to the action in the court yard. This is what I did up until I can paint it. Looking at some newer conceptions of the chapel, the door and windows were bricked up and there was some sort of small wooden tower atop the right tower. I'm simplifying the details of the chapel other than the BMC piece.

BMCAlamo1.jpg

BMCAlamo2.jpg

BMCAlamo3.jpg

BMCAlamo4.jpg

BMCAlamo5.jpg

Well done :)..I have painted the BMC facade myself and at cheap as chips prices its also the best Alamo chapel facade.
on the market,

Thank you. I'll post more photos after I paint it.

What's "neat" about the facade is that it doesn't have the "Taco Bell" silhouette that was added after the Texas War of Independence. The scholars seem to disagree on some details of the number of windows. I bought the Playset when they were still cheap at $15.00 US dollars in the Toys R Us. Sorry but the rest of the set can be given to the neighbor kids.

I was looking for Alamo pictures on-line and found an 1847 watercolor of the inside of the chapel plus a floor plan from a Texas source that shows the buttresses and the names of the rooms. I wanted to have the Sacristy door where Mrs Dickenson was but that room is outside of the scope of this piece.

dioramasection-1.jpg

Sorry! It's spelled SACRISTY.

1847.jpg

I went back and started to tweak the inside details from the old water color and the floor plan. I can't add the Monk's Chamber which was on the left as you enter at this time.

BMCAlamo11.jpg

BMCAlamo12.jpg

Great work Scott, you have really added some very ncie building conversions to your collection recently. I appreciate you sharing them and your ideas with us.

Scott

Scott,
Thanks for the pics. I am an Alamo collector and appreciate your efforts. Please keep them coming as I enjoy the effort.

Scott,
that is some beautiful work you've done there and a pleasure to view.
Can you tell me where your "Mrs. Dickinson" is from?
Konrad

That's a really nice job you've done on that Scott. Appreciate the 'how to' as well - always interesting to pick up on what others are doing.

Cheers
Simon

Mrs. Dickenson is a kit bash of the torso of a BMC Indian woman with child, the skirt from a Christmas angel, and the bonnet from an old Monarch/Cliff Sanderson pioneer woman.

I was looking for Alamo pictures on-line and found an 1847 watercolor of the inside of the chapel plus a floor plan from a Texas source that shows the buttresses and the names of the rooms. I wanted to have the Sacristy door where Mrs Dickenson was but that room is outside of the scope of this piece.

dioramasection-1.jpg

Sorry! It's spelled SACRISTY.

1847.jpg

Scott,

This is the floor plan I used for a good deal of my interior measurements when I built my Alamo. I thought I struck "GOLD" when I found it on-line.

The watercolor is from Edward Everett who, coupled with Seth Eastman, has given us some of the best post battle sketches (1847-1849) of the Alamo. Google "Alamo Images" and you'll find some great pics of the Alamo as well as early San Antonio de Bexar. I really enjoyed your pics!
Mike

Thanks Texan. My Alamo is coming along as something sturdy and streamlined. Half-to play with and half "folk art."

The trouble is that when I see something I didn't know before, I tear out walls or start over.

Thanks Texan. My Alamo is coming along as something sturdy and streamlined. Half-to play with and half "folk art."

The trouble is that when I see something I didn't know before, I tear out walls or start over.

Scott.........it looks great.......amd thanks especially for the photos and the explanations.

You are turning into a perfectionist....I can't tell you how mant times I have started over on some projects, lol.:eek:

Thanks for the plan and how to. I picked up the king and country facade at a bargain price and intended to do as you did. Now i have your guidance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back