Book Referrals on Waterloo, Duke of Wellington (2 Viewers)

thales41

Private 1st Class
Good Afternoon Gents ___

1. Looking to pick up latest and classic texts on subject Napoleonic era events and personages. Got a good start on Boney, looking for what's recent and well recognized on The battle and his counterpart in it.

2. Thanks for reading and considering.

Cordially,
thales41:)

A few recommendations on my end:

• Waterloo by Commandant Henry Lachouque (the best reference in my view).

• Waterloo edited by Lord Chalfont with account from the 3 sides: Anglo-Dutch by W. Seymour, French by J. Champagne and Prussian by Col. E. Kaulbach

• Wellington and Napoléon - Clash of arms by Robin Neillands

• La Bataille de Waterloo by Jean-Claude Vandamme (in French by you may be find an English version)

Happy reading!

Waterloo Companion by Mark Adkin

The Battle: A New History of Waterloo by Alessandro Barbero

Tactics and the Experience of Battle in the Age of Napoleon by Dr. Rory Muir

•La Bataille de Waterloo by Jean-Claude Vandamme (in French by you may be find an English version)

and here was me thinking he was just a B grade actor{sm4}

Wow, a number of great replies to my question. Had none of these references save Waterloo Companion.

Will get busy:)

Thanks to all!!

Cordially,
thales41
San Diego

•La Bataille de Waterloo by Jean-Claude Vandamme (in French by you may be find an English version)

Actually I was a little tired when I wrote this :wink2: The author is in fact Jean-Claude Damamme (sorry to him!). He wrote 2 other excellent books on this period "Les soldats de la Grande Armée" and "Lannes : Maréchal d'Empire" that I would recommend as well. Now staying on the Vandamme side, there was a famous Nap General bearing this name: Dominique Vandamme. Not sure whether Jean-Claude and Dominique are related though... :wink2:

Understand Jean-Claude played the bad guy in "Expendables 2"{sm3} My ex-girlfriend used to love him. Still kicking in movies, I guess.

Thanks for the followup:wink2:

Cordially,
thales41

Actually I was a little tired when I wrote this :wink2: The author is in fact Jean-Claude Damamme (sorry to him!). He wrote 2 other excellent books on this period "Les soldats de la Grande Armée" and "Lannes : Maréchal d'Empire" that I would recommend as well. Now staying on the Vandamme side, there was a famous Nap General bearing this name: Dominique Vandamme. Not sure whether Jean-Claude and Dominique are related though... :wink2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back