Britains WW1 Diorama - Barneywomble's magic! (1 Viewer)

Jack

Major
This is the Brisbane WW 1 diorama photographed by Barneywomble (Marc).

nudgee-ww1-02s.jpg

nudgee-ww1-03s.jpg

nudgee-ww1-05s.jpg

nudgee-ww1-12s.jpg

nudgee-ww1-19s.jpg

A really interesting shot taken by my father just before Marc the magician turned up!

Sunset1.jpg

Whilst I have seen Marc's work before and was watching him take these today these ones are amazing. It is like looking at another diorama. The detail and quality of the shots is brilliant.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of them.:salute::

This diorama is just too amazing and full of details for words. Lucky are those who get to see it in person.

One note, however. That fellow who keeps scratching his chin: if he keeps it up, he won't have any chin to scratch.

You all nailed it. An incredible amount of work and detail shows up in every square inch. No Man's Land is alive and well down under.:salute:: -- Al

Jack...definitely museum quality...

Marc...your photography is outstanding!

great job you guys...

Yes what a great job. It does belong in a museum. It is just really fantastic. Keep the photos coming and keep up the great work. You gents down under really know how to do up a dio. "Mr Colt 45"{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}%^V

I have to echo the same sentiments as everyone else. This is a great work!! I enjoyed scrolling down the thread and seeing photo after photo and was glad that you posted so many. Thanks for sharing this with us all.

Mark

Marc photo skills are just beyond good, we worked for many hours on these table dios and I thought I knew very bit of them but I see things in these photos that my ageing eyes just can't pick up any more......ahhhh! will have to go back and do some minor adjusting here and there. I also noticed that what look like spider webs somehow have appeared here and there, now that is weird!
Thanks Marc, I know you took a lot more photos and look forward to seeing them.
Wayne.

Attachments

• nudgee-ww1-11s.jpg
    nudgee-ww1-11s.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 270
  • gh.jpg
    gh.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 285
I would like to thank everyone for their continued support of our project. It is always a pleasure logging on and seeing that people from around the world have enjoyed what we have worked so hard to achieve.

I would like to thank Brett (The Military Workshop), Wayne (Waynepoo), Phil (Phil). Bob (Fitxgibbon), Marc (Barneywonmble), and Glenn for their efforts. The photographs are a nice reminder that the dioramas are works of art just as much, perhaps even more, than works of history.

I would recommend collaboration to any other collectors looking for a 'wow' project.

Jack (being the modest person you all know {sm4}) forgot to mention himself.

It was Jack who got the funding for the displays. The grant funds were for the display cases and diorama making items etc. Grant money has not been used for the actual figures. For the WW1 trench display the Britains figures are from Jack and Fitzgibbon with some extra items from Waynepoo. Fitzgibbon and Waynepoo were the main trench builders and as you can see did a wonderful job. There are a few other brands in the display but by far the majority are Britains.

Jack has also co-ordinated the whole project from the start and been in most Sundays since late December. I am sure there were times when he wished he had the power to issue "detentions" {sm4}

One other aspect I should mention. These displays are in a private school museum which had many who served and died in WW1. It is not just the dioramas Jack has arranged but he has also brought in some memorabilia items such as a few uniforms and helmets to add that extra touch. However what impressed me yesterday was the large information panels he has put up (5). These tell the story of WW1 starting off with Gallipoli and going through to the main battles on the Western Front. As he tells the story he included the names of Old boys who were killed or wounded, some with photos, and their dates at the school and unit information. This is information he had researched previously but the way it is presented on the panels is worthy of any top level museum. I did take a picture of one but it did not come out well.

So a well deserved "gold star" to Jack for the proffessional way he has organised the displays (and his volunteers).

Brett

I'm looking forward to seeing this diorama, and the others next month when I'm in Brisbane.

Well Done all of you,

John

I just saw the extra photos, and let me say that the collapsed section of trench is an amazingly detailed piece of work!
Josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back