British commando (1 Viewer)

Joey

Private 1st Class
On the other forum, British commando has just announced their first releases: 10 German sets, compatible with K&C.

Here's what was posted:

British Commando pleased to announce the following releases next year in 1/30 scale to compliment your King & Country collection: The following all in Waffen SS European summer mode.

1. Sd.Kfz.222
2. Marder 3
3. Wespe
4. Sturmtiger 38cm
5. Sd.Kfz 251/1 Rocket launcher
6. German MG infantry set
7. German Assault Squad A - 4 Figures
8. German Assault Squad B - 4 Figures
9. German Flamethrower squad - 3 figures
10.German mortar set - 3 figures
11. German Military Policeman - 1 figure

We also plan to release series of British Paratroops and Infantry later in the year. Any comments please let me know - No pictures yet but plan quality to be as good as k&C.

Regards mike

I won't give any credence to their last statement until I see photos.

I truely wish them luck and look forward to some competion, but can my wallet handle it.
The closest thing so far to K&C was the HJB line. the one half track I bought is proudly displayed next to a K&C vehicle, not the deatail as K&C, but close enough.
Bought one figure, I would also desribe it as ok, but never bought any more.
As Brad said, we will have to wait and see, as long as I have been collecting soldiers a lot of promises turned out to be nothing but a promise, but again good luck.
I guess if I need a few more dollars for an extra line of figures I could cut my wife down to just 2 meals a day, some one must sacrafice.
Gary

Sounds interesting but would have been nice to get something other than waffen SS. I'd have prefered Normandy fallschirmjagers as the SS are already well represented in this scale.

However i'm looking forward to seeing the British stuff. With this and K&C's Pegasus bridge theme we might be spoiled for choice.

Back on the subject of the SS, how would you guys like to see them painted?
Bright and colourful like K&C or more a subdued/drab camo?

Easy brought up a good point. If I had one complaint about K&C I think the fact that the SS are sometimes more colorfull than "drab" this would be it.
Andy, don,t shut down the factories, you will still be in my wallet for any more "colorfull" SS you produce.
Gary

On the other board, British Commando posted the following:

"we plan to do them [Hetzer and other offerings] in late war colours not Grey as think these will have more appeal. If there is a demand will do some in grey as well but most people seem to prefer the camouflage schemes - lets face it this is what makes the Germans so appealing to a lot of collectors.
The following are all scheduled in at some point within next 18 months

Kubelwagen
Motorcycle with side cab
Opel Truck and Half Track variants
Horsch Staff Car
Hanomag

We will do some Allied vehicles but they will be later on in the year along with the British Paratroops.
Regards Mike"

In response to Joey's comment about doing a comparison to see who was better, K & C or British Commando, British Commando said taht "if we can make one as well as King & Country [they] will be very pleased - you will have to let me know what you think once ours is out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back