Bygone Age Hand Pump Fire Engine (1 Viewer)

whdamon

Corporal
Find over the next few sub treads my build of a 50 year old metal kit by Phoenix Model Developments of England. It is the 19th Century Hand Pump Fire Engine from their Bygone Age Series it is 54mm in scale. Phoenix never made any uniformed firemen to go with this kit, so I had to adapt. I modified a couple of Irmie Risley Confederate Generals to fit the bill. I will go over the conversion of these figures as well. stay tuned and enjoy the fire.
IMG_E6606-resize.JPGIMG_E6601-resize.JPGIMG_E6604-resize.JPGIMG_9290-resize.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9290-resize.JPG
    IMG_9290-resize.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 86
I have assembled and painted quite a lot of these Phoenix Bygone era vehicles but never seen this hand pump.

You have done a wonderful job in bring the kit 'to life' and a great conversion in making the two firemen, Well Done !!!

The only fire wagon I have done is the horse drawn version by Phoenix of a Shand - Mason fire engine.
This was painted, in gloss, for a local collector who also suppled me with the 2 seated firemen that came from an AIRIX 1/32 scale plastic kit.

shand.jpg

Hope we can see more of you fine work soon?

John

My compliments to the both of you. They both look terrific.

I have assembled and painted quite a lot of these Phoenix Bygone era vehicles but never seen this hand pump.

You have done a wonderful job in bring the kit 'to life' and a great conversion in making the two firemen, Well Done !!!

The only fire wagon I have done is the horse drawn version by Phoenix of a Shand - Mason fire engine.
This was painted, in gloss, for a local collector who also suppled me with the 2 seated firemen that came from an AIRIX 1/32 scale plastic kit.

View attachment 301788

Hope we can see more of you fine work soon?

John

John.....Attached page from the Bygone Age product flyer shows the Hand pumper as one of the last issues before ending the line. Suspect not many were purchased as I have very seldom seen them come up for sale on Ebay. Im still looking for the fishmonger cart and Knife Grinder cart love these kits
IMG_4488-resize.jpg

Re: Bygone Age Hand Pump Fire Engine-Part 2

Photos attached show the assembly process of the main body after clean up of the pewter. used super glue to join the pieces. the larger pieces fit very well together considering this is a 50 year old metal kit. Also first photo of the conversion of the IR Civil War figures to firemen. The helmet's were the first challenge. I used Tamiya Africa Corp helmets as a base. added a putty ridge with top of sewing pin (red blop on top), and a Historex French bombardier uniform badge in the front to represent a flame thingi. Accurate?? probably not but it looks cool enough. Stay tuned more to come
IMG_7711-resize.JPGIMG_7712-resize.JPGIMG_E7713-resize.JPGIMG_E7721-resize.JPGIMG_E7839-resize.JPG

Final assembly involved the under carriage, wheels, and Accessories (like water cannon, hose,Etc) Then off to piant, kit decals and some weathering from a fire last evening.
Next day the village Vicar (K&C repaint) stopped by to thank them for allowing the pub to burn to the ground.
IMG_7722-resize.JPGIMG_7724-resize.JPGIMG_7737-resize.JPGIMG_8278-resize.JPGIMG_8280-resize.JPG

Re: Bygone Age Hand Pump Fire Engine-the figures

following describes the figures I converted to go with the hand pump fire engine A noted earlier the figures are from Irmie Risley Civil War. Generals Hooker and Beauregard. They are 54mm and fit the scale of the Engine. Both were minor conversions with most of the effort with addition of Tamiya Helmets, and historex arms and accessories. good coat of primer and then to the painting bench for a glaze of artist oils over an acrylic undercoat.
IMG_8234-resize.jpgIMG_8268-resize.jpgIMG_E7706-resize.JPGIMG_E7707-resize.JPGIMG_E8272-resize.JPG

Outstanding work, Walt! I always love to see your Phoenix builds. They're such great kits and you do such wonderful work in finishing them. Maybe get to see this in person sometime this year?

Prost!
Brad

Wow! Must be nice to be able to paint your own figures! Wish I had that talent.

Great job Walt and to you as well John!

Simply outstanding!!!!:salute::

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back