Can anyone help me identify this Comet figure? (1 Viewer)

MikeNick

Sergeant
Hello.
I purchased this figure recently. It has a Comet base but I am not sure what country the soldier represents. Can anyone help?
Comet Greek Infantryman advancing pic 1.jpg
Thank you,
MikeNick

Sure. Here are more pics
Comet Greek Infantryman advancing pic 2.jpgComet Greek Infantryman with sword pic 1.jpgComet Greek Infantryman with sword pic 2.jpgComet Brigadiers Greek Infantry.jpg
Let me know what you find out.
Thanks for your trouble.
MikeNick

They look to me like set G511 German Alpine Troops. Cf O'Brien, "Collecting American-Made Toy Soldiers", p. 564.

Prost!
Brad

Brad,
Hi.
Your use of O'Brien's book led me to search in "Collecting Toy Soldiers no. 2" on p. 339. There I found a photo for Greek Infantry charging set GR51. The photo was not in color so I googled it. Vectis listed the following photo at http://www.vectis.co.uk/Page/ViewLot.aspx?LotId=232946&Section=540&Start=20
Comet Authenticast GR51 Greek Infantry Charging.jpg
After searching for years, I found my answer. Thanks for the help. I would have never sought out O'Brien's book.
MikeNick

O'Brien is my first reference source for looking up most classic toy soldiers. I knew there'd be a good selection of photos of Comet and Authenticast figures.

It looks like the same castings may have been used for the Greek infantry and the German mountain troops.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back