Cannot post pictures (2 Viewers)

barneywomble

Corporal
Hi, every time I go to INSERT pictures INLINE using the automated attachment system nothing happens and the page errors... VERY FRUSTRATING...:mad: tried a few time last night and again just now.... any ideas...^&confuse

cheers
Marc

Hi, I have been playing around and appear to be having problems with Google Chrome and the inbuilt upload manager. I can upload pics to the "system" but cannot get them "inline" in the post... I have also noticed I cannot add the little emoticons (the little round faces) either. Is anyone else having this trouble or has it happened prior. I have posted heaps of pics on the forum and have never had any problems... Any help greatly appreciated...

cheers
Marc

I haven't had any problems but I don't use Google Chrome; that could be the culprit.

Brad

Hi All... I still cannot get the attachments to attach to posts using google chrome. the page errors and comes up with a box saying unresponsive. I have tried using a different computer on a different network and still have problems... any help would be greatly appreciated....

cheers
Marc

Just doing a test as I use Google Chrome :confused:

The smiley icons appear to work for me also. As I am not technically inclined I am not sure why it is not working for you. Are the files you are trying to upload the correct size?

Attachments

• DSCF40072.jpg
    DSCF40072.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 226
Just doing a test as I use Google Chrome :confused:

The smiley icons appear to work for me also. As I am not technically inclined I am not sure why it is not working for you. Are the files you are trying to upload the correct size?

Yes mate the files are the correct size. I have uploaded about 100 photos over the past 12 months including a few albums and have never had any trouble. The problem exists with the software that "INSERTS" the image inline in your post. I can upload the image but cannot insert it into a post. I have tried using Internet Explorer and it works fine so it appears to be a CHROME thing I just cannot put my finger on it. I have not changed any settings, installed new software or played with anything... it just appears to error consistently.

Cheers
Marc

Hmm...what version of Chrome are you using? I just did some testing with Version 32.0.1700.76 m, and was able to upload a photo and use the emoticons.

Weird!

Hmm...what version of Chrome are you using? I just did some testing with Version 32.0.1700.76 m, and was able to upload a photo and use the emoticons.

Weird!

Hi Peter, I am having a play so I will try again and see what happens.

Cheers
Marc

Peter, I have tried using the forum attachment manager to insert pics into a message using 3 different computers and all have failed. When i press the "insert Inline" button in the manager it causes chrome to crash and the page times out, giving me the chrome "Kill Page" error. Chrome version is 32.0.1700.76 m. I have also tried a clean install of windows on my laptop and the same error occurs. You may also notice a "New User" has joined the forum called "barneywombletest" which was me. I thought I would try as a new user and upload a pic but again it has failed with the same error. The error does not appear to be related to my computer but more so the way chrome interacts with the Attachment manager. Do you have any ideas...?

cheers
Marc

Whew! I kept looking around but couldn't find any explanation of what was happening to you. As my web guy always says, "You can't fix a problem you can't replicate."

Glad to have things working again!

Been trying to upload photos by photobucket and getting error message every time ?

Hi Peter invalid URL hope that helps

Do you post photos to any other forums, and if so, have you tried posting that Photobucket link in another forum, and did you get the same error? It could be an issue with the link as copied from Photobucket.

Prost!
Brad

Do you post photos to any other forums, and if so, have you tried posting that Photobucket link in another forum, and did you get the same error? It could be an issue with the link as copied from Photobucket.

Prost!
Brad

I have tried it on other forum no problem

I'm having problems uploading images tonight with google chrome and the old explorer. Anybody else having problems?

They just won't upload.

I am having problems uploading pictures as well. It seems this problem is re-occurring.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back