Captured Village Centre - Winter 1944 (1 Viewer)

arnhem44mad

1st Lieutenant
The German Army laucnhed a quick attack on this village during the Battle of the Bulge and managed to quickly surround it which resulted in many American units being trapped. Many troops were captured and a bloody battle left the village strewn with wounded and dead men from both sides. Medical units stayed behind and are allowed to tend to their own wounded. German soldiers are liberating whatever supplies they can find, a chaplain prays for a dead trooper while a german sniper stays close by as a guard.

A us medical jeep driver asks a german trooper with 3 captors if he can have any morphine which his fellow medic may have. The german asks the standing medic to check.

A german soldier swaps his boots while guarding 2 prisoners including a captured tanker. Infront of him 2 SS men have noticed something interestin gon one pof the village streets and are both looking in that direction.

A US stretcher team carries a wounded friend towards the centre of the village where the Germans are ordering all captured sodiers to be rounded up.

This is one of my 3 Winter dioramas. Started it last year and really wanted to create a town scene which utilized the captured and wounded US troops as well as the medical vehicles. The Dodge and trailer are from the DD Dodge and paratrooper set.

The Chaplain was a lucky find at the June London show this year!^&grin

Really like the different figures, such as wounded, dead, germans with captured k rations, simply brilliant, hoping for more like this!

Hope you enjoy!

Scott

Attachments

• flooring 039.JPG
    flooring 039.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 404
  • flooring 040.JPG
    flooring 040.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 421
  • flooring 041.JPG
    flooring 041.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 411
  • flooring 042.JPG
    flooring 042.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 399
Last 4 :)

Scott

Attachments

• flooring 043.JPG
    flooring 043.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 247
  • flooring 044.JPG
    flooring 044.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 250
  • flooring 045.JPG
    flooring 045.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 249
  • flooring 046.JPG
    flooring 046.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 232
Great shelf dios. That is what I do with with My dios they are all on shelfs. Thanks for posting. :salute::

Awesome way to display and picture your various scenes. You've got some really nice pieces only made better by the landscaping. Well done!

Very nice set up full of wonderful new and old K&C pieces. Those open topped vehicles driving around in the winter must have been brutal! I know here in the fall nobody drives motorcycles or convertibles otherwise they'd freeze! brrrrrrrrrrr ^&cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back