Cinco De Mayo! (1 Viewer)

Scott

Major
Some photos of my "toys" set up for the Battle of Puebla 5-5-1862....

CDM1.jpg

CDM2.jpg

CDM3.jpg

CDM4.jpg

CDM5.jpg

CDM6.jpg

CDM7.jpg

Some photos of my "toys" set up for the Battle of Puebla 5-5-1862....

Hi Scott,
That's a nice display. I'm unfamiliar with the Battle of Puebla, so I'll try Wikipedia for some background info.
Who manufactures the figures? They look like good candidates for the "Glossy" treatment.

Cheers
H

The Mexican victory at Puebla in 1862 slowed down the French for a while. Cinco De Mayo is a Mexican Holiday more for Latinos in the US, "Anglos" who need a reason to party and locals in Puebla.

I like my troops one color, (and a little glossy) so they can go back in the storage tubs without damage.

There's Armies In Plastic Zouaves, HaT Zouaves, Hat Zouaves converted to Chassuers with a converted Marx officer, Timpo Union converted to French Artillery, Armies-In-Plastic British converted to French Guard Mobile (portraying Mexican Regulars) Timpo Napoleons converted to French officers on Imex horses, and Steve Weston Mexican peasants.

It's fun to set displays up for the holidays!

Scott,
I like your conversions of the Weston peasants. Could you show us some close ups of them. Or perhaps provide a "How to" on how you made them. I just bought my first set of them and want to try to make some too. THanks.:eek:

Only one thing is missing from your battle scene--the drunk college kids :D

Seriously, wasn't it after Puebla that Maximillian was captured and executed, and that was the end of the French adventure in Mexico?

Prosit!
Brad

Scott,
I found the post. Thanks. Now, I am going to try to do some converts. What did you use to glue the parts together. I have Zap A Gap. What do you recommend? I am going to start with the peasant with the rasided machete. I think he will be the easiest to convert.

Only one thing is missing from your battle scene--the drunk college kids :D

Seriously, wasn't it after Puebla that Maximillian was captured and executed, and that was the end of the French adventure in Mexico?

Prosit!
Brad

Seriously NO! Max was captured and executed in 1867

Here's a quite Wikipedia source on the Mexican Adventure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_intervention_in_Mexico

"...Maximilian was executed on 19 June (along with his generals Miguel Miramón and Tomás Mejía) on the Cerro de las Campanas, a hill on the outskirts of Querétaro, by the forces loyal to President Benito Juárez, who had kept the federal government functioning during the French intervention. Juárez's position was further strengthened when the United States deployed troops to the Rio Grande, and threatened an invasion. Mexico City surrendered the day after Maximilian was executed..."

708px-Edouard_Manet_022.jpg

Scott,
I found the post. Thanks. Now, I am going to try to do some converts. What did you use to glue the parts together. I have Zap A Gap. What do you recommend? I am going to start with the peasant with the rasided machete. I think he will be the easiest to convert.

I also use Zap a Gap. I also use Milliput or plastic body putty as a filler. The head and/or upper body of the sitting wounded man can be salvaged for grafting onto other figures. These figures are calling out to be painted by someone who likes to paint. I just "color code" my figures now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back