Civil War Zouave Ambulance (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
Ran across this 19th C American painting today and thought it would be of interest. The artist is not yet verified according to the gallery that is offering it for $15,000.They have suggested Winslow Homer who did Zouave paintings but it is not included in the catalog of his complete Civil War Works. It would make an interesting diorama.
Randy:smile2:

Attachments

• ZouaveAmbulance.jpg
    ZouaveAmbulance.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 234
Ran across this 19th C American painting today and thought it would be of interest. The artist is not yet verified according to the gallery that is offering it for $15,000.They have suggested Winslow Homer who did Zouave paintings but it is not included in the catalog of his complete Civil War Works. It would make an interesting diorama.
Randy:smile2:

I wouldn't mind see a diorama of that scene, I'm sure that there are castings that could be modified ??

Food for thought ???

John

Perhaps JJD would consider something like this for his Bull Run series.

Thank you for posting the painting!:salute:: I love Zouaves, and wish I had $15,000 laying around. Here are some images of a French 19th Century painting of Zouaves, a Zouave Doll, and a pre-WWI Zouave Uniform in my collection. I would also love to see this as a diorama subject.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back