Collectors Dinner at TX Toy Soldier Show (1 Viewer)

SGT Rock

Private 2
Hello Everyone:

If you’re coming to the Texas Toy Soldier Show this year, please make plans on joining a small group of collectors for dinner at the Colonial Room restaurant of the Menger Hotel on Saturday, May 27 at 7:00. In addition to myself, the dinner is being organized by Daniel Martinez, chief historian for the WWII Valor in the Pacific National Monument in Honolulu, Hawaii. While the program is still coming together, it will include some lively discussion on history as a whole, and the toy solider and military miniature hobby in general. Joining us as a featured speaker will be Andy C. Nielsen, co-founder of King & Country. As part of the activities, we’ll also be raffling off an item graciously provided by KingsX, in addition to other items of historical note that have been donated from Daniel Martinez’s personal collection. While we’re still working out all of the details, including menu and cost per person, please let us know if you’re interested in attending. Our reservation is currently for a party of 20, though we can expand that number based on attendee interest. Please keep checking back here for more details, and we’ll look forward to seeing you soon.

Paul Traeger

Hello Everyone:

If you’re coming to the Texas Toy Soldier Show this year, please make plans on joining a small group of collectors for dinner at the Colonial Room restaurant of the Menger Hotel on Saturday, May 27 at 7:00. In addition to myself, the dinner is being organized by Daniel Martinez, chief historian for the WWII Valor in the Pacific National Monument in Honolulu, Hawaii. While the program is still coming together, it will include some lively discussion on history as a whole, and the toy solider and military miniature hobby in general. Joining us as a featured speaker will be Andy C. Nielsen, co-founder of King & Country. As part of the activities, we’ll also be raffling off an item graciously provided by KingsX, in addition to other items of historical note that have been donated from Daniel Martinez’s personal collection. While we’re still working out all of the details, including menu and cost per person, please let us know if you’re interested in attending. Our reservation is currently for a party of 20, though we can expand that number based on attendee interest. Please keep checking back here for more details, and we’ll look forward to seeing you soon.

Paul Traeger

Hi Paul

You can pencil me in as I will be attending the show this year and I have a confirmed reservation at the Menger.

Regards

Tom

Please place my name on the list I'm looking forward to meeting yous.
Thanks John Walker

wow!

Chicago...Australia...Georgia...cool!

drawing some long distance visitors to the show...

GENTS,

I may be late on this, but is this the TTSS annual dinner? If so, I am there.

John from Texas

Hello Everyone:

Paul Traeger

Paul,

Please let me know if there is still space available for this dinner event. Thank you!

Tailwinds,
Marc

Paul,

Please let me know if there is still space available for this dinner event. Thank you!

Tailwinds,
Marc

Yes Marc, there is still space available. I've added you to the invite list. Please check back soon for more details.

Paul

MARC! I am excited to see you again - tails from the squadron??? ^&grin

Julie

Julie,

Talk to the Paw! The Squadron is three strong at present. Both "Observer" & "Pilot" made their final flights sadly but our time together was epic. "CoPilot" is 17 plus; "Navigator" is 10 & the new recruit "Bomber" is four. Lots of pictures & stories to share! Hope you are great and I look forward to seeing you. I still have visions of the "Magnificant Seven"!

Tailwinds,
Marc

Hello Everyone:

Paul Traeger

Hello Everyone. The final details of the dinner are now in. Rather than being in the Colonial Room restaurant of the Menger Hotel, we will now be in the Minuet room at 7:00 thanks to KingsX, who kindly allowed us to use the room through their preexisting agreements with the hotel. The dinner menu will consist of Beef Fajitas, Cheese Enchiladas, Rice, Beans, Chips, Salsa, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo and Chocolate Moose. Beverages will include ice tea, water and coffee upon request. Total cost per person is $60, which I'll need to collect from each of you that have RSVP'd at least by 5:00 the night of the dinner. As originally planned, Andy Nielsen and Daniel Martinez will be the guest speakers with a raffle taking place at the end of the evening. If you would like to attend and haven't contacted me as of yet, please let me know by May 24 at 12:00 CDT, as I have the final reservation count due to the Menger at that time. Thanks everyone; we look forward to seeing you soon.

Paul Traeger

Hello Everyone. The final details of the dinner are now in. Rather than being in the Colonial Room restaurant of the Menger Hotel, we will now be in the Minuet room at 7:00 thanks to KingsX, who kindly allowed us to use the room through their preexisting agreements with the hotel. The dinner menu will consist of Beef Fajitas, Cheese Enchiladas, Rice, Beans, Chips, Salsa, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo and Chocolate Moose. Beverages will include ice tea, water and coffee upon request. Total cost per person is $60, which I'll need to collect from each of you that have RSVP'd at least by 5:00 the night of the dinner. As originally planned, Andy Nielsen and Daniel Martinez will be the guest speakers with a raffle taking place at the end of the evening. If you would like to attend and haven't contacted me as of yet, please let me know by May 24 at 12:00 CDT, as I have the final reservation count due to the Menger at that time. Thanks everyone; we look forward to seeing you soon.

Paul Traeger

Paul:

Thanks again for the great dinner.

Best,
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back