Colour for SAS uniform?? (1 Viewer)

Matt

Private
Hi people, I'm working on a diorama featuring sas soldiers (See SAS Counter-terrorism in england thread) and the soldiers arrived in the post today but i don't have the right colours, does anyone know a paint that resembles the colour of the blue-blackish uniforms that they use, that uniform they used in the iranian embassy siege of 1980. Thanks for any help :)

Hi people, I'm working on a diorama featuring sas soldiers (See SAS Counter-terrorism in england thread) and the soldiers arrived in the post today but i don't have the right colours, does anyone know a paint that resembles the colour of the blue-blackish uniforms that they use, that uniform they used in the iranian embassy siege of 1980. Thanks for any help :)

Yo Trooper, put a photo up from my Chas Stadden album two of his model he made after the embassy siege an SAS shaking hands with a London Bobby. Chas was never wrong with his uniforms.
Bernard.

Attachments

• SL731871.JPG
    SL731871.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,513
Matt,

Re the CT gear, I'd use straights forward matt black, mixed with a touch of other colours for different parts of the gear, eg, mix some blue in with the black for say the uniform, maybe make a grey/black for the body armour and straight black for boots etc, just to break it up a bit.
I don't think you'll find a hard and fast rule re colours for this, as the different textured materials will give a slightly different look. It would also depend on if you're planning on shading and highlighting the figures.

Simon

I used to paint the uniforms dark charcoal grey with pure black for shading. The body armour black with a slight sheen and equipment and boots satin black. As Simon says, there is no hard and fast rule, just go with what looks right to you. Trooper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back