* coming soon "new" 1:32 panzer iv/70 (v) tank destroyer (1 Viewer)

Plastic General

Corporal
COMING THIS WINTER by SELLTOY co. (New on the scene)
It seems that they are launching a true 1:32, WWII Vehicle line in PLASTIC.
We all know that metal is far more expensive to produce and buy.
This could be the answer we have been waiting for!?
Time to fill in all the needed gaps!
CHAR B, MAUS, JS II, ect.

(check out photos below)

http://www.stadsstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/et1.jpg

http://www.stadsstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/et5.jpg

http://www.stadsstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/et4.jpg

The Plastic General

I guess if I was 10 years old again and took my soldiers out to the sand box I would like these.
Even tho 21st has been out of business, but there vehicles are still readily available and FOV are still available, I don,t see these making a big splash.
Gary

I think it looks great! Yes it's not as detailed as FOV/21stC but it's the sort of thing my 4yo could actually play with. It is just the thing for my plastic soldiers because, well it's plastic! I hope the tank destroyer comes out in grey and I really hope there's a US halftrack in the pipeline. This is pretty exciting AND on my birthday! Thanks for posting PG.

Here is the company's blurb -

Who We Are?
We are Toy collectors in the first place but we are also a small company located in Upstage NY dedicated to sell exclusively for internet from this page and from auction sites like eBay. Our goal is to satisfies the enthusiast and hobby customers. 24/7!!

What Do We Offer?
We sell mainly toy soldiers and military toy soldier’s accessories as well some civilian’s TOY related item made in US and other countries around the world. We also sale some old vintage original collectible toys as available.

Our Goal:
Provide collectors, baby boomers, children, history buffs and war gamers with top quality and unique toys not common and not sold at other related hobby and toy soldier company websites. Because of the rarity of many items that we sale. I have decide not to carry the more /most sold brands produced as off now in this collectible world enterprise ,but only those very and hard to find plus a brand new line being build for my company from my original design / artist work.

I'm excited to the 10's!!!!
I love the old AIRFIX 1:32 tanks!
Yes, the detail is at about an 8/10, but that's great enough for me!
If you wanna go crazy, you can detail the hell out of them yourself.

Dear SELLTOY co.
Please post a possible FUTURE RELEASE list, we need a reason to be at each others throats debating what should or shouldn't be released next!

Even if you named five future items, you could start a customers voting poll?

Plastic General

In myopinion (FWIW), this is exactly what the hobby needs to fill a niche. In-scale, all plastic vehicles that a collector can modify, paint, etc. or leave as is for getting down on the carpet with the kids? What is not to love?! Great idea. Hope it takes off for this maker.
^&grin

Here is the company's blurb -

Who We Are?
We are Toy collectors in the first place but we are also a small company located in Upstage NY dedicated to sell exclusively for internet from this page and from auction sites like eBay. Our goal is to satisfies the enthusiast and hobby customers. 24/7!!

What Do We Offer?
We sell mainly toy soldiers and military toy soldier’s accessories as well some civilian’s TOY related item made in US and other countries around the world. We also sale some old vintage original collectible toys as available.

Our Goal:
Provide collectors, baby boomers, children, history buffs and war gamers with top quality and unique toys not common and not sold at other related hobby and toy soldier company websites. Because of the rarity of many items that we sale. I have decide not to carry the more /most sold brands produced as off now in this collectible world enterprise ,but only those very and hard to find plus a brand new line being build for my company from my original design / artist work.

It's like I was talking with someone at the Texas Show the year before last about BMC tanks and vehicles, they were close enough to accurate to please, in a reasonable scale and cheap enough to really play with. As the other fellow said, who wants to take a $60+ vehicle and trash it to make it look like it took a hit? I've always wished BMC would do some more vehicles. They look great with some dressing up and painting. Maybe this company will fill the bill.

I'm really pleased about getting this tank destroyer but I'm now also hopeful that they'll use the chassis to also bring out a Hummel and a Wirblewind or Ostwind - oh and a MkIV. All going well I'll replace my CTS fleet with this range.

Yes, I've said before that the two BMC tanks are the best available to match good quality plastic soldiers. The Airfix tanks are quite nice but not quite as good, though the Airfix Hanomag is my absolute favourite! I don't think they're currently available though?

I'm really pleased about getting this tank destroyer but I'm now also hopeful that they'll use the chassis to also bring out a Hummel and a Wirblewind or Ostwind - oh and a MkIV. All going well I'll replace my CTS fleet with this range.

Yes, I've said before that the two BMC tanks are the best available to match good quality plastic soldiers. The Airfix tanks are quite nice but not quite as good, though the Airfix Hanomag is my absolute favourite! I don't think they're currently available though?

The Wirblewind , Ostwind and Panzer IV were done by forces of valor/21 century. I know they are more spensive.But because so many bought then and still on sale for acceptable prices at eBay and few hobby internet stores; SELLTOY production will NOT repeat what companies such as CTS ,BMC and Airfix did. Sorry but in this small business world ,investment has a priority over wishes. I do wish to make everyone happy and that is why I will do my best to bring what you had not seen before.
Some of Airfix armor such as the panzer IV early model ,Sherman and the German halftrack are still on production recast by CTS and they sale it for a good modest price in the CTS website
SELLTOY co will focus ONLY on never before done 1.32 scale armor by previews /resent companies.

Thank the Gods of plastic! Some common sense!
I was always so disappointed when FOV would finally release something new and it had already been done 21st CENT. TOYS.
The world needs NO MORE regular Shermans, unless they have Round Hulls or are Easy 8's.
If you gotta do a TIGER, do an (Early) TIGER, or better yet, a STRUM TIGER!
I will buy 3 of every new vehicle!
What will the prices be like?

Plastic General

Hi Fritz, welcome to the Forum and my compliments on entering into plastic tank production!

Wishes and dreams are part and parcel of the hobby - you're going to hear a lot of them! Still you are absolutely right to invest in product that hasn't already been flooded through the market. But remember that the CTS stuff is a smaller scale and hard plastic, so they don't suit everyone. And as good as they are, FOV/21stC are a different style with their painting and detail and not everyone wants to use them with standard plastic figures. They also pretty much covered most WW2 vehicles too, so there's not a lot they missed. Not the IV/70 though, so it is a great choice to start with. You didn't rule out the Hummel either, so maybe there's hope for it too!

I really hope the venture goes well. The release of Fury, with all its tank action, should really help.

I'd paint your plastic vehicles myself so I am not worried that they are not factory painted and perhaps made to go with plastic guys. As far as 21st and FOV covering everything, not quite. The M10/M36/M36 B1 { open topped turret with 90mm gun on the Sherman hull and chassis!} Achilles were never touched even with the chassis there to build on. The M10 at least was not uncommon and why it was never done escapes me.So, I would not discount the Sherman's all together.
Good luck on the line.

Off topic, What ever became of the Airfix 1/32 Cromwell? Never reissued. I found 3 on ebay years ago but wonder why not this recast?ww2brits2.jpg
FubAr

Unforunitly the mold for the AIRFIX CROMWELL is LOST.
I have mine, the only one I still need is the BEDFORD TRUCK.

On the subject of "Pretty much everything has been done in WWII"
Thats a crazy claim, only anout 50% of the important armor and vehicles of WWII have ever been done in 1:32,
so have fun, LOTS of untouched terrtory!!!

Plastic General

Last edited:
In myopinion (FWIW), this is exactly what the hobby needs to fill a niche. In-scale, all plastic vehicles that a collector can modify, paint, etc. or leave as is for getting down on the carpet with the kids? What is not to love?! Great idea. Hope it takes off for this maker.
^&grin

Ditto. If the pricing is halfway reasonable, this goes to the top of my Christmas wish list.

With luck, some comparison pictures of the SellToys JgPz will show up. The first should show the BMC Sherman with the Jagdpanzer. They are both supposed to be 1/30 and I think they work well together. There's a TSSD and Airfix German in there too for scale.

In reading the various posts on this I learned the BMC Tiger is only 1/35 and for it to be 1/32 even, it would be 32cm long, rather than the 24.5cm it actually is. So it was a VERY big tank and would've dwarfed everything around it. Scales aside, I think it works great with the Airfix 1/251. It does look a bit small compared to the JgPz though.

000_2731.jpg000_2732.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back