Crimea War Coldstream Guard Officer Standing (1 Viewer)

Hi buddy how are you?A CF designation would make it a collector's club figure i think.I do not know what the CCO means sorry.I am sure someone here will know take care Mike B.

I checked it out but could not come up with an answer. TSC has several items listed as no longer available with a CC0xx number. Some of them are Crimean War exclusive (CRWxxx) but at odd prices like $50 for a mounted figure when they are $110. Some of the CC0xx figures are not Crimean war. It looks like this section of TSC has lots of errors on the discontinued pieces.

I don't remember seeing this figure as a K&C NAP, a CF Club Figure or one given away at a show dinner. Maybe the CC013 number is wrong. Maybe it is a special piece given only to dealers who achieved some target.

Or it could be one of Gordon's personal guard. {sm4}

Terry

I have looked around and can't seem to find reference of it. The club figures are labelled CF so it can't be one of those.

Thanks for showing us this figure.

I think I've seen this figure, and a few others from a series that I believe was made by Hachette???

Its got 3 more, one being a Hussar, and if Hachette, were probably made by K&C for them in China, hence the resemabalance.

A fellow collector here in Perth has them, so when next I see him or vist, I'll confirm that, if no one else finds out before me.

John

Hi,
I believe that this figure was made by King and Country for Hachette's short lived series, Soldiers of the British Empire.
Benjamin

Thanks for showing us this figure.

I think I've seen this figure, and a few others from a series that I believe was made by Hachette???

Its got 3 more, one being a Hussar, and if Hachette, were probably made by K&C for them in China, hence the resemabalance.

A fellow collector here in Perth has them, so when next I see him or vist, I'll confirm that, if no one else finds out before me.

John

John,
I have the Hachette Sergeant of the 11th Hussars. I picked it up in an antique shop in Scarborough in the summer.
The base looks a lot different to the base on this Coldstream Guard officer though.
The base is flatter, thinner, wider and octagonal.
If you can get some pictures of the other Hatchette models in the series when you visit your friend that would be great.
Regards
Paul :)

John,
I have the Hachette Sergeant of the 11th Hussars. I picked it up in an antique shop in Scarborough in the summer.
The base looks a lot different to the base on this Coldstream Guard officer though.
The base is flatter, thinner, wider and octagonal.
If you can get some pictures of the other Hatchette models in the series when you visit your friend that would be great.
Regards
Paul :)

Paul,

Yes, I'll get the image of that one, and I think there also was a Gurkah?? so I'll take them all.

The other figure could have been a line infantry from Crimea, but the 11th Hussar sure was the one I remember so we could be on the right track?

John

One possibility (and I have no idea if this is the case or not) is that it's a K & C UK club figure. I believe they do or did have club figures. The only caveat was when K & C UK did issue club figures they (or at least some of them) weren't different than a regularly issued figure. For example, I have a K & C UK club figure of the policeman in EA 05, Field Gun Tractor and Limber, and they are the same.

One possibility (and I have no idea if this is the case or not) is that it's a K & C UK club figure. I believe they do or did have club figures. The only caveat was when K & C UK did issue club figures they (or at least some of them) weren't different than a regularly issued figure. For example, I have a K & C UK club figure of the policeman in EA 05, Field Gun Tractor and Limber, and they are the same.

Some of the CCxxx figures on the TCS site are the same as K&C UK Crimea figures.

Terry

Very cool!! Just a thought: Did the British military relax their rule about no facial hair during the Crimean War era? I thought that in the 1850's it was still against British military regulations to have moustaches or beards, as it was in the Napoleonic era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back