Crusade Era Accessories (1 Viewer)

S

sceic2

During the various Crusades over its approximately 400-year history of conflict, many groups built fortifications. The Knights Hospitalers and Knights Templar throughout Syria, Lebanon and Israel constructed some of the best examples of medieval castles. Since Andy has given us the opportunity to collect this fascinating time period, I have been thinking about dioramas that would be appropriate for these beautiful figures. He has even begun the process by giving us a siege machine (the tower).:)

I have searched the Internet extensively in the last few years as a result of this hobby of ours and I have found few quality castle structures I am willing to purchase. Imex makes a couple of Arthurian style 54mm plastic castles, one with round turrets and one with square, but they are plastic and are not of the same quality (IMO) of sculptured miniature metal figurines like those of K&C and some other manufacturers. I am not putting plastic down, I am just trying to compare apples to apples. Formtech does make a castle façade, but it too is not of the caliber I would like to use as I collect my future K&C knights and Muslims.

Does anyone know of any source for quality diorama material for this era:confused: If so, please do post the web site address for all us forum members. I believe that this series will be popular and that many exciting pieces are forthcoming. Perhaps some of the dealers who read this forum will begin to offer new products or find existing lines to sell.;)

Search for castleworks on your search engine. Tim Vawter used to make gorgeous 25 and 54mm castles in many styles and quoted you for your own designs and needs.I bought one 10 years ago. Tough as nails.It's in the LOTR scenes I posted sometime ago.Part of my Minus Tirith insanity. Not cheap, But brillianly made and TOUGH.
Medievals were my 1st venture back into 54mm some years back.

FubArrRRrRRr

Given that Andy has made a seige tower how long will it be until we see a trebuchet? Given the dimensions I think he'd wait a while and see how well the first sets sell.

There are plenty of manufacturers and craftspeople producing custom-made castles. Unfortunately most are off scale. Perhaps try instead for some castle pieces as a backdrop:

http://castlepieces.medievalzone.com/cpsb.html

or

http://www.totalmodel.com/cgi-bin/s...Manor_House_Workshop&image=mh209.jpg&img=&tt=

You could probably find several thousand matches at the toy end of the scale which you could upgrade. I think there was a guy who sold custom pieces and/or pro-built kits on eBay as accompaniement to St Petersburg miniatures. I'll dig back through my list of favourites tomorrow and see what I can find.

Guys,

I wouldn't worry too much about a castle, considering the success of his 8 piece Roman Fort, I would be shocked if a Crusader castle were not in the works. Especially considering the siege tower and upcoming catapult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back