Current Toy Soldiers of the World and Trophy (1 Viewer)

Gribeauval

Private 2
Back in the day, when I was buying everything Trophy, I purchased a number of TSotW sets (mostly Napoleonic). I found them (with one or two exceptions) to be a very good fit with early and middle Trophy. Towards the end of the line, of course, Trophy went to a more "modern" look (flatter paint, textured bases, slightly larger figures, etc). I am wondering how the current TSotW line fits in. Do they still scale well with later Trophy?

I have mixed them with Trophy and they go well. The SOW bases are glossy dark green which is different than Trophy but size and color blend nicely.
Trophy horses are more detailed than SOW but I put them in the background of a charge which works well.

I bought over 150 French advancing for my Waterloo diorama. I have been slowly painting the bases trophy fresh which is basically restore green gloss. I am adding a little detail to the muskets and they are coming out nice. I am just waiting on the second batch of gouge int buildings from JF miniatures and then I can start developing a 9x17 diorama

Sorry I am in Mexico having a few drinks and this phone changes my words. I used testors green gloss which matches perfectly with the trophy bases. The figures go great. Their muskets are the only draw back. But they come in an attack March pose which trophy did not have. Now I see little legion has come out with some so why the pound is low I might have to invest in some imperial garde

Users who are viewing this thread

Back