CW Plastic troops from "EXPEDITIONARY FORCE" (1 Viewer)

Scott

Major
I have an order in for the infantry when they come it at TSSD.

Attachments

• EF INFANTRY (Small).jpg
    EF INFANTRY (Small).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 606
  • EF ARTILLERY (Small) (2).jpg
    EF ARTILLERY (Small) (2).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 646
  • EF CAVALRY (Small).jpg
    EF CAVALRY (Small).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 640
  • EF DISMOUNTED CAVALRY (Small).jpg
    EF DISMOUNTED CAVALRY (Small).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 630
Not bad looking. I hadn't heard of these before. Does anyone know how their size will fit in versus Conte/TSSD figures?

Not bad looking. I hadn't heard of these before. Does anyone know how their size will fit in versus Conte/TSSD figures?

TSSD says they are a "True 54mm". Steve Weston states they are more MARX/Accurate/Imex like in scale and will not fit TSSD/Conte ......

Might fit in well fully painted with my old Imrie/Risley metal figures. Might fit in well with CTS 's new plastic figures. If you war gamed in 54mm these poses would be great.

I seen these figures at OTSN. They are really small, way too small in my opinion to go along with TSSD & Conte Civil War figures.
I won't be buying them for that reason.
Gary

I seen these figures at OTSN. They are really small, way too small in my opinion to go along with TSSD & Conte Civil War figures.
I won't be buying them for that reason.
Gary

That's the drawback for many who have the TSSD and Contes like myself. These new figures may have to occupy another "universe" with IMEX, Accurates, CTS, MARX, HaT, and AIP. The poses are more like HaT 1/32 scale, war game-like. The choice of the Dress frock coat does limit the use of the infantrymen to certain units or battles.

I like that "EXPEDITIONARY FORCE" has two advancing poses of advancing Infantry figures plus the officer. No broken legged artillerymen etc. While there are no "character" figures as in TSSD figures, this makes purchasing "EXPEDITIONARY FORCE" figures open ended for collectors that like anonymous masses of troops to show linear tactics.

When I get these figures I'll post some comparison photos.

Steve Weston has some more photos on his site. It looks like Zouaves will be included.

Attachments

• ex-for4.jpg
    ex-for4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 397
I too saw these at OTSN, and the thing that stood out to me was that the sculpting looks really good, really clean. And yes, I can see purchasing these in bulk to create masses of troops. I really like the infantry figures and the optional kepi/slouch hat is a nice touch.

I choose to be blind when it comes to sizes and can mix everything, but yes, these looked like they would fit best with Accurate, Marx, Call to Arms, Butternut and blue, ect. rather than current production figures.

Beau

They look good but i have way to many Conte now so i will pass on these.
But they would be great for all those collectors who have Imex,Accurate Call to Arms......and i suspect there are more of those guys
Then the Conte TSSD crowd.

As the series includes all there arms, infantry cavalry, artillery, you can create your own universe from this series.

I purchased the dismounted cavalry and the artillery set and I will post photos as they progress. The EXPEDITIONARY FORCE series does cover the basic "arms" of Civil War troops. The company did a pretty good job on that idea of good basic poses of Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery.

I purchased the dismounted cavalry and the artillery set and I will post photos as they progress. The EXPEDITIONARY FORCE series does cover the basic "arms" of Civil War troops. The company did a pretty good job on that idea of good basic poses of Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery.

Yes, and we are still waiting for a plastics manufacturer to tackle some solid Yankee infantry in sack coats. :)

Yes, and we are still waiting for a plastics manufacturer to tackle some solid Yankee infantry in sack coats. :)

Right you are! AIP and TSSD need to. Classic Toy Soldiers has recently but none advancing plus knapsacks and bed rolls are mixed.

That's the drawback for many who have the TSSD and Contes like myself. These new figures may have to occupy another "universe" with IMEX, Accurates, CTS, MARX, HaT, and AIP. The poses are more like HaT 1/32 scale, war game-like. The choice of the Dress frock coat does limit the use of the infantrymen to certain units or battles.

I like that "EXPEDITIONARY FORCE" has two advancing poses of advancing Infantry figures plus the officer. No broken legged artillerymen etc. While there are no "character" figures as in TSSD figures, this makes purchasing "EXPEDITIONARY FORCE" figures open ended for collectors that like anonymous masses of troops to show linear tactics.

When I get these figures I'll post some comparison photos.

So, how do you think these new X-Force guys will fit in with Call to Arms?

I didn't have any CTA figures handy when I did these pictures but I'd say pretty good except the bases.

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/fo...e-the-New-Xforce-CW-figures-with-other-brands!

Thanks Scott,

In that case, they sound like they'd be pretty compatible with I/R, Shenandoah and Tradition's kit line in a diorama setup too. The PBI would have to go under the knife a bit, but the Cavalry, Artillery and officers look like they'd be fit for service SOTB. Maybe a head swap or two for variation.

Hello,

Figured I'd post this here since it's an ACW thread. Here are some quick snap shots of a Conte plastic Yankee who volunteered his services as a test subject to experiment with some new paint mixes for ACW uniforms. This also gave me an opportunity to test out my new toy, a Build-a-Rama grass mat purchased from our wonderful hosts.

Picture 062.jpgPicture 065.jpgPicture 066.jpgPicture 067.jpg

Not real sure about the gunpowder residue on his hands and face, but I figured I’d give it a try and see what people think.

Special thanks to Scott for providing the quartermaster shop link

http://www.quartermastershop.com/CW%..._uniforms.html

This turned out to be an awesome site for matching union and confederate wool uniforms. An acquaintence of mine wasn’t completely sold on the shade I was using to paint Sky blue palsey. Hopefully after this experiment I’m closer to the mark.
:)

Hello,

Figured I'd post this here since it's an ACW thread. Here are some quick snap shots of a Conte plastic Yankee who volunteered his services as a test subject to experiment with some new paint mixes for ACW uniforms. This also gave me an opportunity to test out my new toy, a Build-a-Rama grass mat purchased from our wonderful hosts.

View attachment 116462View attachment 116463View attachment 116464View attachment 116461

Not real sure about the gunpowder residue on his hands and face, but I figured I’d give it a try and see what people think.

Special thanks to Scott for providing the quartermaster shop link

http://www.quartermastershop.com/CW%..._uniforms.html

This turned out to be an awesome site for matching union and confederate wool uniforms. An acquaintence of mine wasn’t completely sold on the shade I was using to paint Sky blue palsey. Hopefully after this experiment I’m closer to the mark.
:)
The painting on this fellow looks very nice, the colors are subtle and appear to be pretty well on target (no pun intended). Like the powder stains, too. Cheers!
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back