Del Prado WWII Panzer Officer 1943 (1 Viewer)

katana

Command Sergeant Major
P1010470.JPG

The attached photo shows a comparison between three Panzerwaffe produced by TCS, Del Prado and K&C. The figures a recent production within the last few years and reflect the considerable size increase in these three companies figures. The bases are all 2mm thick and the figures without the base stand between 68 and 70mm high or 1/25 scale!

The center figure is a newer figure from the partworks series in Europe. not necessarily "delprado" from the classic "men at war in the 20th century" series, but a more recent release of all German military figures. There is probably a back story on how these all fall into Delprado. curious to see if the line remains as RW moves forward.

They are bigger. There is about 20 figures at least, the uboat commander in the series is quite nice.

as an aside( I have most of them, I think the complete series, and am will sell to someone who will love them.)
G

The figure is comparable to the TCS and K&C figures in qualty, size and proportions!

Hi,
nice comparison. There is an increase in figure size for sure. Realise that concerning size and proportions of the three samples the largest figure got the smallest head. Yet this is totally in tune with human proportions and accounts IMO for a more realistic figure lacking the Comic elements of other makes.
rgds
Wolfgang

I agree Wolfgang, and I prefer the tall slim figure to the short plump figures. The 70mm figure size is the same size standardized by Hausser and Lineol in the 1930's. I use the larger figures with 1/25 scale Panzers, 1/24 scale Kaden vehicles and Hausser artillery.

I am a big fan of the 70mm scale - collecting, converting, casting and painting anything to do with the a bit more modern Elastolin 1/24 plastics is my passion ...{sm4}

I have all the Elastolin 70mm Seige Engines and Artillery; including the rare Battering Ram. I bought them all new in the 1970's in New York City. I also have the #760 long range Kanone and several castles. I love Elastolin Plastc figures. Elastolin did the best plastic figures until Schelich and BBI.
The Seige Engines and Castles remain as the best ever done in plastic; plus they actually work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back