despite the "negatives", there are also many "positives".....for me! (1 Viewer)

WW2

Private 2
despite the "negatives", there are also many "positives".....for me!

dear all

because of the work i do, i am an obssessive perfectionst even though perfection doesnt exist per se, i (and imho others should) try my (their) best everytime

in the past this side of me spilled over when it came to other things in life (outside of work), incl kc toysoldiers. i admit i was obssessive over details......as a result i found myself quite "unhappy" as it seemed hardly anything was ever good/accurate enough....certain details missing or wrong etc......however soon i realised that imperfections are parts of life, and thats just the way it is!

so i accept and look beyond, afterall this is a hobby and should be fun; there are more important things in my life than to stress out too much over it......and i find more enjoyments out of it for sure

i have reset my tolerance level so to speak and ease up; embrace and treasure what i have and whats available.......yes price up and quality isnt living up to it according to some which is fine......i simply become more selective which is a good thing as i am running out of space anyway {sm4}

however the mere existance of this forum should be celebrated, as i have learnt many facts and knowledge through total strangers (sharing a hobby in common); in other words i am a small potato when it comes to this and i am taking full advantage of you people :salute::

life is too short.....l shall continue to read this forum with interest.....see some amazing dios.....and despite the disagreements....lets all enjoy and smile :)

(i collect kc only thus my limited knowledge is only limited to kc; and thats why i post this here)

Re: despite the "negatives", there are also many "positives".....for me!

"WW2":

Well said, life is too short to sweat the details too much especially if it is not a matter of life or death.

"Iron Brigade"

Very well said indeed Tommy and fully agree with you and Gary, live is too short for all that sort of thing. This is a wonderful hobby with many great aspects to it.

All the best to you and all

Rob

On the good side:

The perfect ( Well almost perfect ) Figure and AFV is out there, it is a combination of all of the manufacturers strong points.

But it shows it can be done !

K&C - Excellent paint lettering and quality - Good non action figures.

TCS - Proper sized AFV's - Crisp treads - Fluid poses - Price

FIGARTI - Excellent detailed and painted AFV's all around ( But sometimes breakage issues )

FL - Excellent detailed and painted figures & AFV's ( But a different size from the mainstream )

JENKINS - Excellent detail AFV's and WWI Aircraft - Good paint - Price ( Not much WWII )

THOMAS GUNN - Price - Does everything right, but not all the time

BRITAINS - Consistent size - Good proportion on their figures - Consistent Paint ( 1/32nd Scale )

Some day a manufacturer will pull it all together.

Alex

I have a simple rule. Collect what YOU enjoy. Because at the end of the day. The TS will be in YOUR house. And if you enjoy it. That is what matters. Doesn't matter size, scale, paint or whatever. It is how you view it. Don't let anyone sway you. Because it should be a stress free and enjoyable hobby. :) Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back