Dio-"Ghost Division Moving Up", 7PzDv, Belgium, May 1940 (1 Viewer)

egonzinc

Sergeant
Dio- “Ghost Division Moving Up”
7.Panzer Division
Belgium, May 1940

Elements of the 7.PzDv getting ready for their next assault in the early days of May 1940.

403540029.jpg

403540030.jpg

403540032.jpg

403540034.jpg

403540035.jpg

403540036.jpg

403540037.jpg

403540038.jpg

403540039.jpg

403540040.jpg

Well done ! A really impressive collection and some great scene setting. Just waiting for the action to start ! {bravo}}

Steve

Are those 1:6 scale Dragon figures and vehicles? If so, you have my childhood G.I. Joe collection blown away!{sm4}

Are those 1:6 scale Dragon figures and vehicles? If so, you have my childhood G.I. Joe collection blown away!{sm4}

Yes! These are 1/6 figures and vehicles.

I loved the GI Joe figures in the 60s. Then in 2001, my brother in law, who shared the same passion of most of my hobbies, introduced me to the new 1/6 figures.
I was HOOKED.
He collected boxed figures. I would get them out of the box immediately and about a month later started, weathering and adapting the figures. In the 1/6 hobby, it is called "bashing".
so I began bashing and weathering my figures and spent most of my hobby hours in 1/6, for the next 15 years. Vehicles became part of the mix quickly. Static vehicles from many places and made of all sort of materials. There were part providers for both figures and vehicles.
Sadly between 2010-2012 the hobby slowed down to nothing. Now the only healthy sector in 1/6 is fantasy/ movie figures. And now static vehicles are all but extinct. R/C vehicles, made out if metal are I believe, still strong, but the cost per vehicle and the heaviness of the models made out if metal, make them impossible for me. If I can't carry the model by myself, it is no good as I could not detail it, paint it and weather it. Only have one metal monster, a Nashorn. I bought it built, received it with some damage, but was anle to repair it and "over paint it" in my style. To get it out to the yard requires a small cart or help from my wife! Even my fiberglass Tiger I I can handle easily... a metal Tiger I, would weigh about 350lbs!
The hobby was and is amazing and through it I have made a lot of hobby friends around the world.
After decades of painting miniatures and collecting toy sokdiers, it is great to imagine a figure or se a phito and recreating the memory or inage in 1/6!

Last edited:
Yes! These are 1/6 figures and vehicles.

I loved the GI Joe figures in the 60s. Then in 2001, my brother in law, who shared the same passion of most of my hobbies, introduced me to the new 1/6 figures.
I was HOOKED.
He collected boxed figures. I would get them out of the box immediately and about a month later started, weathering and adapting the figures. In the 1/6 hobby, it is called "bashing".
so I began bashing and weathering my figures and spent most of my hobby hours in 1/6, for the next 15 years. Vehicles became part of the mix quickly. Static vehicles from many places and made of all sort of materials. There were part providers for both figures and vehicles.
Sadly between 2010-2012 the hobby slowed down to nothing. Now the only healthy sector in 1/6 is fantasy/ movie figures. And now static vehicles are all but extinct. R/C vehicles, made out if metal are I believe, still strong, but the cost per vehicle and the heaviness of the models made out if metal, make them impossible for me. If I can't carry the model by myself, it is no good as I could not detail it, paint it and weather it. Only have one metal monster, a Nashorn. I bought it built, received it with some damage, but was anle to repair it and "over paint it" in my style. To get it out to the yard requires a small cart or help from my wife! Even my fiberglass Tiger I I can handle easily... a metal Tiger I, would weigh about 350lbs!
The hobby was and is amazing and through it I have made a lot of hobby friends around the world.
After decades of painting miniatures and collecting toy sokdiers, it is great to imagine a figure or se a phito and recreating the memory or inage in 1/6!
I would have killed for G.I. Joe figures and vehicles with this level of detail is a kid! Its a shame that the hobby is disappearing. Your "bashed" figures and vehicles are works of art!:salute::

Fantastic! It made my fly back to the late 60´s with my GI Joe's... I don't collect this scale (1/6) but must say it is a whole different game in terms of detail and realism. The faces are perfect, as are uniforms and weapons! You have a very nice collection there, congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back