Disappointed. (1 Viewer)

J.Sparrow

Private 2
I recently purchased the cobblestone mat offered by JG Miniatures. When it arrived I was truly disappointed by this piece. For the price charged, I found it to be very flimsy and not of good quality. I expected it to be of thicker material that would coincide with their sidewalk Pavement pieces. NOT SO.
I've purchased road mats from the likes of Dept. 56 and Lemax for a fraction of the price and of thicker material.
I was hoping for a road to match their Pavement corners which I obtained a while ago. Now it's a bust.:mad:

I recently purchased the cobblestone mat offered by JG Miniatures. When it arrived I was truly disappointed by this piece. For the price charged, I found it to be very flimsy and not of good quality. I expected it to be of thicker material that would coincide with their sidewalk Pavement pieces. NOT SO.

Thanks. I was about to do the same thing to display my WBritains
Life Guards Band set. Is the MiniArt cobblestone any better? If anyone
knows.

Try Michaels shops. They have the following mats at 50% off for the holidays.
Brick mats 23 1/2 X 23 1/2. Thick, sturdy and plyable enough to cut. They also have Cobblestone mats 18X36. Again thick and plyable to cut. Look great.It is a shame cause they seem to have some good products.

wow...that's hard to believe...I have a lot of JG stuff and it's all top notch A primo stuff...I own two of his mats and they are both great products...

I was just talking to someone this afternoon about these mats and was told that they thought the newest mats were thinner then the first ones they received. I found this odd as all of the JG stuff I have seen and have bought has been great stuff. I wonder if the mats were changed recently?

Try Michaels shops. They have the following mats at 50% off for the holidays.
Brick mats 23 1/2 X 23 1/2. Thick, sturdy and plyable enough to cut. They also have Cobblestone mats 18X36. Again thick and plyable to cut. Look great.It is a shame cause they seem to have some good products.
Thanks for the tip about Michaels. I have two JG soft mats that are excellent.

Have to agree with Sir Kevin, love all their products to be honest, great stuff.

Good to see you looking well again on Saturday Kevin!

Rob

I too have purchased other JG items in the past, I.E trees Etc, but feel these thin, flimsy mats are over priced for what is provided. That's probably why the disappointment, since they do have a fine array of quality product.

Have to agree with Sir Kevin, love all their products to be honest, great stuff.

Good to see you looking well again on Saturday Kevin!

Rob

Thanks Rob but Sir Kevin?:confused: I knew wraith, easy and I continued the philosophy a little longer than normal but............I didn't remember 'arise sir Kev' - if indeed it were possible;):rolleyes:

Well Baron Professor Sir Rob of Lutontown, Order of the bar, Order of a different Bar, I didn't order this from this Bar, Earl of Shandy, Knight Baronnet of King and Country, server behind the bar of King and Country, Knight of the Garters, Order of a spitfire, Order of a Sherman, Warden of the Four PBI and bar, Congessional Tin Hat of honourbound and bar, Distinguished barmaid's medal and bar, distinguished barmaid's cross and bar, G&T, and jolly good fellow (and bar):D

I bought one of these self same matts and found it very good, although a little thin, as per design;):cool:

Just wanted to post a pic based on a thin JGM mat,with JGM foliage, just the job methinks!:D:D:D

03711red.jpg

a winter version

1048red.jpg

Happy New Year to the Master:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back