Edmund's American Civil War Sets (1 Viewer)

ucla1967

Major
I have a small one shelf collection of Edmund's ACW sets that I thought I would share with you. I believe that Ed will be at the Chicago Show.

Photo one: From left, front, Charleston Zouaves, 1st Virginia Cavalry, Alexandria Rifles, Sussex Light Dragoons (note the double barrelled shotguns), 69th New York (Meaghers Zouaves), and Georgia State Navy. From left, rear, Battalion of Washington Artillery (New Orleans) and 17th Virginia (Warrenton Rifles).

Photos two and three: From left, front, Georgia State Navy, Wheat's Tigers (Louisiana), U.S. Marines, 23rd Virginia (Brooklyn Grays), U.S. Navy, and 53rd Ohio. From left, rear, 44th Virginia (Richmond Zouaves).

Photo four: Close-up of General Robert E. Lee and the generals of the Army of Northern Virginia.

Attachments

• Edmund's  001.jpg
    Edmund's 001.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 338
  • Edmund's 002.jpg
    Edmund's 002.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 336
  • Edmund's 003.jpg
    Edmund's 003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Edmund's 004.jpg
    Edmund's 004.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 331
Some additional views of Edmund's ACW figures.

Photo one: A close-up of the Georgia State Navy and Wheat's Tigers.

Photo two: A close-up of the Alexandria Rifles and Sussex Light Dragoons.

Photo three: A close-up of the U.S. Marines in dress uniforms.

Attachments

• Edmund's 005.jpg
    Edmund's 005.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Edmund's 006.jpg
    Edmund's 006.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Edmund's 007.jpg
    Edmund's 007.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 174
Thank goodness, you and I do not have to butt heads on ebay, since you collect mostly Confederate sets and I have all Union sets from Edmunds. When extra funds allow, I really like his AWI sets, as well as his Custer and Custer Indian Sets..........Michael

Michael,

I don't believe I ever got a set of Edmund's on eBay. I bought the majority of them at the Chicago Show and from Craig McClain's Old Toy Soldier Home in Vista, Calif. In any case, I do not have room for any more sets. I even have a Union set for sale, the Ohio Bucktails, if you are interested.

Michael,

I don't believe I ever got a set of Edmund's on eBay. I bought the majority of them at the Chicago Show and from Craig McClain's Old Toy Soldier Home in Vista, Calif. In any case, I do not have room for any more sets. I even have a Union set for sale, the Ohio Bucktails, if you are interested.

Had it and sold it. As I started to read history again, I decided to collect The Grand Army of the Potomac. I would pore over battle reports and order of battle to determine what Edmunds sets to collect. Depending on my mood, I will display my troops in Corp formation, for a particular battle...Michael

Please forgive a bad camera, bad lighting, bad photographer.....There is nothing wrong with my troops..All Edmunds except for the only Trophy I have left...Union Artillery Battery Guns 1 and 2 with horse team and caisson in background...

Attachments

• union1.jpg
    union1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 166
  • union2.jpg
    union2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 148
  • union3.jpg
    union3.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 154
Thanks for the views of Edmunds Toy Soldiers. I have a standard bearer set for the Irish Brigade. He doesn't go for action figures does he? BTW He makes the nicest flags:)

Dear Michael,

I like your idea of putting sets on stands ... what are yours made of?:)

I made them myself. I found that I could get 3 or 4 levels of figures on a standard curio glass shelf of 10 to 12 inches depth by using stepped shelves. I buy 3 x 1 inch boards at Home Depot. I use them for the actual shelf the figures stand on and also to make the side and center supports. If I want the display to be three levels high, I cut boards six inches long and three inches long. I glue the one inch sides together in a step arrangement with the six inch board as the base and the three inch board on top to the full rear of the first six inch board. I then brad nail and glue the three inch wide shelf (cut to the proper length, 36 inches, etc.) to the step arrangement. I buy three inch high by 36 inch (or whatever length is appropriate) long mirrors from a glass store and afix them with two-sided tape to the faces of the steps. The curio's glass shelf itself is the first level, so with the two stepped shelf I made, you have three levels. They only display well on higher level shelves. If you try to use stepped displays on those glass shelves in a curio lower than 36 inches you can only see the first row.

Michael T There are too many Michaels around here:D I was looking at your Edmunds collection and I reall appreciate the colors those guys are painted in. I will be looking for some of those Navy sets.

Michael T There are too many Michaels around here:D I was looking at your Edmunds collection and I reall appreciate the colors those guys are painted in. I will be looking for some of those Navy sets.

Michael R. take a look at Frontline Figures ACW sets. They have a Georgia State Navy crew manning one of those large mortars. Bruce Roberts sells military trains and boats that are designed for artillery sets. Again, he can be found, with his son who looks just like him, on the lower level left wall in Chicago. He can also make custom sets to order. I intend to ask him about a Boer War train.

Dear Michael,

I like your idea of putting sets on stands ... what are yours made of?:)

Not sure which Michael, but I use wood squares and paint them different bright ground tones....I then hot glue them to the base. It allows for easier moving of the figures arround and no domino toppling of massed soldier ranks. Figures are easily removed and the dried glue rolls off for an undamaged bottom of the figure.......Michael

Hey! There are too many Michael's around here. I thought Steven was refering to the stepped stands I use for displaying my collection. Sorry about that.

Hey! There are too many Michael's around here. I thought Steven was refering to the stepped stands I use for displaying my collection. Sorry about that.

He might have been, but I was just trying to be polite to him.......Michael

He might have been, but I was just trying to be polite to him.......Michael
Dear Michaels (maddadicus, ucla1967, and KV),

I was asking about maddadicus' stands. Thanks for the replies and information. I like to use member's names but I suppose I should use nicknames for all the Michaels on this forum.:)

Dear Michaels (maddadicus, ucla1967, and KV),

I was asking about maddadicus' stands. Thanks for the replies and information. I like to use member's names but I suppose I should use nicknames for all the Michaels on this forum.:)

LOL:D:):D

Just wanted to give Edmunds Toy Soldiers a little love. I still think he paints the best hand painted flags in the hobby. I will post some photos of a little display of Edmunds New York Volunteer Regiments on a little table with a few items of military memorabilia from New York regiments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back