F.O.V in Disguise...... (1 Viewer)

maddadicus

2nd Lieutenant
I recent purchased a F.O.V. Stuart, and finding it ,the same size as K/C's version, decided to K/C it in paint scheme and " detail ".........Attached are photos of the conversion..Will probably add more stowage ,which is a K/C trademark.....Michael

Attachments

• tanka.jpg
    tanka.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 425
  • tankb.jpg
    tankb.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 422
  • tankc.jpg
    tankc.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 414
  • tankd.jpg
    tankd.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 417
  • tanke.jpg
    tanke.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 410
The tank with the sand bags is that the FOV Tank?

Yes, it is.............I found a close enough color to the K/C green and got the sandbags from a model kit...........The closeness in color does not show well in the photos....The paint used was satin finish originally, but everytime I use the matte finish spray to dull these down, it really fades the original color. What matte finish spray are you painters now using.?.............that will keep the original color fresh?...Michael

Yes, it is.............I found a close enough color to the K/C green and got the sandbags from a model kit...........The closeness in color does not show well in the photos....The paint used was satin finish originally, but everytime I use the matte finish spray to dull these down, it really fades the original color. What matte finish spray are you painters now using.?.............that will keep the original color fresh?...Michael

Check out Games Workshop Matte Finish

Wow. Nice job Mad man. I like FOV vehicles. The detail is great and your conversion is fantastic! It kinda looks better than the expensive one. LOL....Nick;)

Mike, great work, the tracks are the give away, but I like the detail. Now add some leaves and dirt to show camoflage, good ideas. Mike:)

This repainted F.O.V Stuart is now on Ebay, at a fair price...and without the K/C tanker shown. Has the original tanker....Michael

I did the same thing with my Stuart FOV tank. I added dirt and mud to the tracks and body, and brush and mud to the hedge cutter. a few cables and tarps and supply boxes, and it came out fantastic. It displays so well, that I decided not to buy the K&C Stuart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back