Fancy American Militia uniforms c1840 - conversions (1 Viewer)

Dettingen

Private 2
A couple of conversions, both from badly damaged Britains West Point Cadet figures. The color bearer is from the New England State Guards, the Coldstream-looking officer is from the New York Light Guard, both c. 1840. The uniform source is a plate by Fritz Kredel called “State Volunteer Corps 1840.” These plates were published in the early 1940s, distributed later around the US Army. You can still see them in the hallways of Army battalion headquarters, proof that some Sergeants Major don’t like to change the artwork very often!

I copied the pose of the NYLG officer exactly, but I don’t like figures sitting on walls so I made the NEG figure standing. I mispositioned his flag so that it covers his face, a problem I’ll fix sometime down the road. That’s why the bottom of the flagpole looks so sketchy!

IMG_3229.jpgIMG_3230.jpgIMG_3231.jpgIMG_3232.jpgIMG_3233.jpg

Terrific conversions! :salute:: I love New York volunteer/militia/national guard regiments, and have never seen figures of these regiments before.

Beautiful conversion work on these figurines. I love the earlier uniforms of the US Army and you have showcased some wonderful examples. Thanks and well done.

Cheers,
Grey

Fantastic subject, very unusual and very interesting. Once again you did a Great Job creating these fine figurines. Love the paint Job, very nice indeed. Especially the flag turnend out to be a real beauty.
I like your figures and the historic background a lot.
Keep them comeing - and thank you for sharing.

Regards
Wolfgang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back