Fate of Alexanders Toy Soldiers? (1 Viewer)

Squiggle

Private 2
Does anyone know if Alexanders Toy Soldiers has gone out of business? The website has been closed for awhile.
I really hope the company is still around....
-Squiggle/Jonathan

The website shows,

"Web Page Blocked!
The page cannot be displayed. Please contact the administrator for additional information.

URL: www.ats-uk.net/

Client IP: 64.121.175.249
Attack ID: 20000018"

That's not necessarily a sign that ATS is out of business. It could also be a technical issue.
I do have to say that I haven't tried to access the site since the spring, but it was still working then. When did you last access the site?
I can't check right now, but it might be worth looking on social media, like Facebook. Also, it might be worth reaching out to Stuart Hessney, editor of "Toy Soldier Collector", to ask about ATS' status.

Prost!
Brad

I did have any problem getting onto Nik's website this morning, maybe it is has now been fixed ????

John

I did have any problem getting onto Nik's website this morning, maybe it is has now been fixed ????

John
What's the URL you have, John? I still get the error, using http://www.ats-uk.net/. I'm running Firefox 130.0 on a Win10 laptop. I haven't tried clearing the browser cache yet; there may be something cached that caused the problem. I haven't tried any other browser and platform yet, but I did just try on my Android Galaxy A10e, and I got the error. Has the URL changed?

Prost!
Brad

A quick search for the error message text on the web returned posts that suggest the issue is with ATS' site or host, that it's blocking some traffic. That would explain why some can't access but others can.

Prost!
Brad

Brad,
again I have clicked on the link you provided in this post and it goes direct to the ATS website.

I'm using EDGE on a Win 11 PC.

I have also clicked your post on my SAMSUNG Phone and again it gets through but takes about 20 seconds to display.

Maybe it is something with your provider, or on your PC ???

John

Ok, think I know what it is, it's because the site isn't private and so new security patches won't let you go there.

My old Tables says that but I may have over overturned that for this site on this PC and maybe the phone hasn't got that security.

Anyway, I can report that ATS's website is still working .

John

It is because Nick hasn't got an SSL Certificate

"An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that authenticates a website's identity and enables an encrypted connection. SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a security protocol that creates an encrypted link between a web server and a web browser."

When I had to get a new domain for my toy soldiers gallery website I didn't get one it was "http://", and so people wouldn't go there, now mine is "https//" and it works.

Simple solution, just throw $$$ at it :) :)

John

Tonight I have emailed Nik, and got a favourable response about his website and his trading:

"I am very grateful for your time you made to send me this e mail . many thanks .

i am indeed still trading and i received e mails from customers in the USA of this problem . i am in the process of upgrading my web site to remedy this problem .

my hosting company is very near to completing this task hopefully within the next week .

kindest regards .

nik"

So I hope that helps you all and we can continue to support Nik and his wonderful figures.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back