Figarti (Chicago Team) New German Heer MG Team (1 Viewer)

rick, thats a great rendition of Ron Volstad's artwork!:)

i'm a big fan of ron volstad, and the reason i came into 1/6 (before i dived into 1/30) was because of his cool ww2 art drawings (samples of his drawings pic 2 to 4)

i had always wished K&C will sculpt some of his drawing figures, but so far Andy has not.

pls keep up the good work!:D

Attachments

• zDR-70290.jpg
    zDR-70290.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 156
  • zv1.jpg
    zv1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 149
  • zv2.jpg
    zv2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 156
  • zv3.jpg
    zv3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 148
  • zVolstad.jpg
    zVolstad.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 153
Ha! Noticed the Volstad inspiration too eh Nasir? :) I was just about to post that. I was very fortunate to meet and talk with Ron Volstad for quite a while two years ago at a 1/6th show here in Canada (he is Canadian). I can tell you he's an extremely nice guy. He signed a dragon box and a couple of books for me as well as a print of his art. While he has no shortage of work, a toy soldier manufacturer should seriously consider comissioning him to do research and box artwork for them.

Otherwise, it's good to see more later war Wehrmacht by Figarti. A year ago this was a major gap in the toy soldier world but this year it has been filled in nicely by various manufacturers.

The splinter camouflage on these uniforms is probably the best I've ever seen in this hobby. Well done!

However, I think the weapons are a step back for Figarti. The barrel of the mg-34 machine gun is way too short/squished and the mp-40 is a bit mishapen as well around the muzzle, and the clip appears a little too long. It's a shame because this weapon was rendered very nicely earlier this year with the figure that came with Figarti's winter Panzer 4. The Kar-98 rifle is pretty good but the barrel tip is too chunky (the cleaning rod is fused into it). If these are prototypes, I hope the weapons can be improved before final release.

i agree with your assessment CS.
some minor tweaks and this will be an awesome figure set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back