Figure Scale - Photo with Ruler (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
I was reading about the conversation regarding the scale of our figures on the K&C forum and rather than try to describe it with text, I've quickly setup a few figures and taken a photo with a ruler so you guys can see for yourself and call them whatever scale you'd like. Perhaps we've pioneered a new scale - 1/31st Napoleonics. ;-)

scalemeasurement.jpg

Scale is such a finicky topic as it all depends on how one measures it. When I first wrote our text description, I was using only the Bavarians, which as can be seen are a little shorter than all of our other figures. I'm going to updat our website with this photo. As you can see, the ruler in this case is setup on top of the figure base. In reality, our figures are not true 54mm and are obviously a bit taller than that. The last thing I want to do is prevent sales by describing them incorrectly. :D

And futher, I did want to address some other comments from that same thread.

1. For the record, our figure painting is not dull! I'm just a moron when it comes to digital photography (as evidenced by the above photo) and computer graphics, thus our figures often look dark in our adverts and some of our catalog photos are pretty poorly done. Thank me for that. I'm getting better though, and I think the latest catalog photos are better!

2. Tinbay - Personally, I think our figures are much better sculpted and far better painted than Tinbay at about 60% of the cost and readily available in quantity. Everytime I look at their website I want to double our prices.

Perhaps we sell our figures too cheaply...seriously.

Regards,

Matt
First Legion Ltd.

I was reading about the conversation regarding the scale of our figures on the K&C forum and rather than try to describe it with text, I've quickly setup a few figures and taken a photo with a ruler so you guys can see for yourself and call them whatever scale you'd like. Perhaps we've pioneered a new scale - 1/31st Napoleonics. ;-)

Scale is such a finicky topic as it all depends on how one measures it. When I first wrote our text description, I was using only the Bavarians, which as can be seen are a little shorter than all of our other figures. I'm going to update our website with this photo. As you can see, the ruler in this case is setup on top of the figure base. In reality, our figures are not true 54mm and are obviously a bit taller than that. The last thing I want to do is prevent sales by describing them incorrectly. :D

.....Matt
First Legion Ltd.
Thanks Matt. I appreciate any producer that displays rulers to help identify the true size of their figures. I have also carefully measured your figures a variety of ways and I think the 58 to 60 mm sole to tip of scull is still accurate. As I have noted on a number of other scale threads, I think the reference to 1/30, 1/32 etc for figures is less helpful because it requires a stated assumption about the true height of the person you are trying to model. This works fine for aircraft and vehicles but not so well for humans and animals.;):D I will say again here that as many pictures here and elsewhere show, their size is compatible with K&C and WB.

BTW, please keep your pricing where it is for a while so I can catch up and get to those releases I have been coveting for some time.:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back