Flagbearers part 2 (1 Viewer)

rharry

Private 1st Class
Mister Dave got me thinking more about this subject in more detail. If we were to get the various state flagbearers we like, would there be a need to put out supportative figures pertaining to each state or would it be actually more practical just to use general infantry figures because of the amount of work it would require to support each state and probably not a lot of difference in uniforms?????

Also how would you like your flagbearers? At attention, at rest, charging???????

In the case of the First Minnesota at Gettysburg example, I would like to see at least some supporting infantrymen wearing the distinctive white trefoil or club shaped corps badges.

Don't really mind if they are portrayed standing or charging I guess.

MD

I think resting or charging depends. Obviously, most people would use the 69th PA for Gettysburg, so resting is best. Others could work either way. For example, the 1st MN could be charging or resting as even charging infantry do stop at some point to fire. I like having at least different corps badges. They add a nice touch. For example, I bought some Clubs Are Trumps figures to add to my Angle diorama, and I have some 5th corps troops added to my 20th Maine diorama. It is not completely necessary to have these distinctions, but it is nice to have at least some to mix as needed among the more generic figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back